Author Topic: Possible Char Renames coming with Ambulation  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Possible Char Renames coming with Ambulation
« on: February 04, 2009, 11:46:30 AM »
From: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=931949&page=3#68

Quote:
So what you guys want is a chance to take all your skillpoints and history of a character but move it into another body and maybe change the name too?

Would it be acceptable if you could only do this once after WiS is released, for a fee even?

We never wanted to go down this road because it´s immersion breaking, people can hide their history (usually a bad history) and it´s a huge hassle for us because it probably has to be done manually for each avatar.

On the other hand it seems to be the number 1 request of people desperately wanting to change sexes when WiS hits so it´s something at least I´ll keep in mind.

Can´t promise anything though so don´t get your hopes up.

Could be anything from redesigning your avatar (and possibly the associated portrait) to what, in essence is, renaming your char.

Edit: forgot that Ambulation isn't in M10 :s
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 12:03:15 PM by Rubino »

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Possible Char Renames coming with Ambulation
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 04:24:24 PM »
Wouldnt mind a sex or look change with ambulation - the latter has been touted for it anyways - but Im firmly against a name change.  Your name is important in EVE for good or bad, it should never be allowed unless its one of those things that offends or could offend a huge number of people.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
Re: Possible Char Renames coming with Ambulation
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 06:44:34 PM »
agree - its the whole point of a single server - nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.