Author Topic: What networks do you have and were are they?  (Read 4945 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: What networks do you have and were are they?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 06:24:15 PM »
I am just training skills on 4 chars now. Going to try this stuff out this weekend. :)
Oh btw is there a limit to how many players there can be per planet?

dont think so, resources just deplete faster the more people sucking them up at the same time.

What the nonplayer said.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 08:04:52 PM »
I am just training skills on 4 chars now. Going to try this stuff out this weekend. :)

dont think so, resources just deplete faster the more people sucking them up at the same time.
even this I doubt. depletion would be weird as at sometime a planet will be empty. although this is realistic, it does not fit within a game
anyway, it has been to short to keep track of this (plus im lazy), but even if stuff would deplete, it would go slow, and I'm sure it would respawn again too

additionally, what does Garry about EvE? he doesnt even play it! so don't listen to him
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 08:08:54 PM »

even this I doubt. depletion would be weird as at sometime a planet will be empty. although this is realistic, it does not fit within a game
anyway, it has been to short to keep track of this (plus im lazy), but even if stuff would deplete, it would go slow, and I'm sure it would respawn again too

additionally, what does Garry about EvE? he doesnt even play it! so don't listen to him

Please let me bend over first next time Saf dont just give it to me up the arse :P
As they say i dont play so ill stop being helpful in the future *strop*
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 08:14:13 PM »

Please let me bend over first next time Saf dont just give it to me up the arse :P
oh sorry, expected you to be ready for me, as always.
will use a bit more lube next time...

:-*
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 08:15:21 PM »

oh sorry, expected you to be ready for me, as always.
will use a bit more lube next time...

:-*

thanks ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 08:11:25 AM »
Still don't know how to post screenies so can't post networks.  I've been fiddling about really feeling my way forward.  Read some of the Eve Uni guides to get going but I like to figure stuff out myself.  One preliminary conclusion I have is with links - +distance => -powergrid => -extraction.  So the topology I'v adopted is of a net structure with each extractor lining to it nearest neighbour but routed to the main storage area (the launchpad) instead of a wheel with spokes leading from the storage to each extractor.  I figured this out on a gas planet where the distances are HUGE, but its still helps me to squez out an extra extractors or two.

One strategy people seem to have atm is to pick a P4 item and create a production line for those.  Is the corp going to aquire some POS BPOs? Maybe a P4 buying program? (easier to manage than a p1 - p3 one I suggest).

I've got to strip-mine operations on a Lava and Gas planet extracting a stockpile of those rare minerals.  However, I'm thinking of concentrating for the moment on maximum and efficient production of P1 products (seems best in hi-sec). Building up stockpiles which I then can switch into whichever P2 looks best and so on.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 08:29:42 AM »
plz post screenies, cause I dont totally follow

screenies should be in your document - EvE - capture folder
then go to gallery (see menu above), upload the pic, then look up the pic, find the code (at bottom iirc) and link it here

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 09:20:40 AM »
plz post screenies, cause I dont totally follow

screenies should be in your document - EvE - capture folder
then go to gallery (see menu above), upload the pic, then look up the pic, find the code (at bottom iirc) and link it here

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=gallery

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2010, 09:19:19 AM »
Dear CCP.

Stop making me delete a network just to upgrade my CC.

Mangala.

On other notes. I'll be setting up fresh networks in Binemner and ninja creating an F5 network.  Using some of the creation principles Ive seen suggested on SHC and EVEO. SO hopefully I will have some decent network screenies.  The one I got rid of lastnight was an abortion - I was pretty bad (reminded me of my failed subway routes in Simcity 4).

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 10:13:18 AM »
If there is need to haul shit around between bim and low-sec I can jump it ever week. Just make a note about it so I know.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »
An ex-member of NERF had a corp wide program going in his new corp.
Basically every member had a quotum of about 2-3 P1 products that 'had' to be produced. The corp then distributed it for further processing.
Tyr objected that this would mean that the members were then dictated by the corp pretty much (which isnt really in the spirit of MAADI either), but when making 2-3 P1 products you would still have quite some space left for own production. But yeah, it would restrict players a bit.

The biggest pros in this system is an increased efficiency (easier to make big clusters of extractors producing 1 good vs more, smaller clusters that are spread out (see my networks)) and an increased flexibility (if you produce (nearly) all P1 goods, all products can be made - adapting to demand, need, and price fluctuation (vs my network that is pretty much set to what I can make with it beyond P2).

What are everyone's thoughts about this?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 11:34:05 AM »
Im interested in it for sure - but yeah we have to find a way to balance it with the way we are here in MAADI. Im still thinking a purchase program is probably the best way to do it for some of the goods though, and maybe profit share on the higher end stuff if we get corpies to help manufacture it?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2010, 05:12:17 PM »
Ive setup two alts in the last two spare slots on 2 of my accounts. Once their training is done, I shall get them into MAADI.  They'll be purely focused on PI for products we need in corp, at no cost to the corp or anything :)

May evolve them into Cyno & Gunners eventually too.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2010, 10:16:20 PM »
So (with thanks to Mang)

Ocean

Ocean - separate bacteria extractor  

Gas

Lava

Barren

(Mang: Edited your links in Tyr)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:58:30 AM by Jeremiah »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 08:08:38 AM »
you can feed resources from extractor to extractor?  ???