Author Topic: IT "invade" fountain"!!  (Read 9579 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: IT "invade" fountain"!!
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 08:49:50 AM »
They killed my smartbomb! That Tuvan's smartbomb, I sold it to this guy, and now they killed it!!!  :'(

http://bulg.otel.net/kb/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=106971
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 11:09:53 AM »
At least they dont allow us to setup credit agreements in EVE, he may have still been paying for it if they did :D

Anyways:

13 - IT
2 - EZ
11 - No Towers at time of posting.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 11:48:08 AM »
They killed my smartbomb! That Tuvan's smartbomb, I sold it to this guy, and now they killed it!!!  :'(

that is one strange killmail

SoT killing one of their own?

plus the bomb dropped it wasnt destroyed ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 11:50:43 AM »
Apparently this guy was on the brink of defecting to IT, so they did a preemptive strike  :)
(so sayeth the SHC forums)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 11:52:43 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »
Apparently this guy was on the brink of defecting to IT, so they did a preemptive strike  :)
(so sayeth the SHC forums)

IT have been quoted as saying he wasnt (according to kugu and dare I say it, COAD), but either way its pretty hilarious, as is the fact that his CEO has apparently took all the cash from the alliance wallet until such time as something is sorted out about this :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »
14 towers in a few days:

http://www.it-kills.us/?a=home&scl_id=37

Seems to be a "fun" system to be in.  Over 1k in local lastnight which isnt too bad and from all sources it seems it was mainly BS fleets going at it too :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 12:54:52 PM »
14 towers in a few days:

http://www.it-kills.us/?a=home&scl_id=37

Seems to be a "fun" system to be in.  Over 1k in local lastnight which isnt too bad and from all sources it seems it was mainly BS fleets going at it too :)

So in one week pnq will be IT territory hehe.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 01:37:03 PM »

that is one strange killmail

SoT killing one of their own?

plus the bomb dropped it wasnt destroyed ;)

Hurley says:

Ok, its time to tell the whole true story and I joined my old corp for the sole purpose of being able to post here in CAOD.

First let's start with a history lesson.

Once upon a time I joined Black Nova Corp from Federation of Freedom Fighters since F-OFF was getting inactive at the time and we had been working with BoB for a while. I joined, enjoyed the pvp, made enough isk to buy a titan and had BNC build me one. It was used very little due to the fact that Molle always put every titan pilot on stand by ready to save him if something went wrong.

Time went by and one day an FC asked if hurley could doomsday a PL gang. The FC was asked 2 simple questions 1) Are goons gone? 2) Are there capitals on standby if this goes badly? Yes, Yes. Doomsday failed, goons were ready and had a spy within BoB for this very occasion. Titan died, Coranor kicked me from the corp. Coranor will say I was leaving anyways or that an example needed to be made of us, but all I did was follow orders and the FC was left unpunished.

This left a bitter hatred of BoB for them kicking me for losing 1 titan, not 5 and for no one amongst the BoB community standing up for me (except for Cleisthenes2). Let me repeat, I'd despise BoB.

I give 0.0 a shot under my own flag (Aggression.) and its fun for a while, but it required setting other alliances blue to accomplish anything which ultimately left us without space. This created a strong hate of Atlas/AAA/RO.

I decide I had been on the Bad side for far too long, I look across to Goons, PL, NC and ultimately choose SoT because I wasn't playing as much as I used to and figured I could play part time with this group more easily than the others.

Back to the Future:

I play part time with SoT just as I predicted, used the Titan once or twice and in September of this year I buy a house and RL calls me away from the game a bit more than normal. I sent a corp mail explaining that I would be absent from game until time allowed more play time. I also get a Great Dane puppy who really takes up my time and decide that life is just too busy anymore to be a Titan pilot. 2 weeks ago I decide that I do want to sell Hurley and the titan and just be a normal, everyday pilot.

As thanksgiving week approaches I log on and prepare a few bs's to join the fighting since thanksgiving break was going to give me that chance. I notice that my roles on all of my characters have been removed and decide to throw my navy apoc and paladin in, just in case they are really going to kick me out. Having your roles removed without any warning scares you into packing just a little bit.

As I place a 5 ships into my hangar I realize I don't have a cyno and decide that I'll just move stuff later and just before I decide to log off, the tower goes offline, fleet comes out of warp and I just sit in shock trying to ask why. PL cap fleet jumps in to finish me off and while I'm in structure I finally decide they really are going to kill me and set off the DD before I go down.

So, you probably know all of these details, so here are the ones you don't know.

1) I never did remove my roles, SoT didn't even verify this before they assumed I was leaving and had removed them myself.

2) Directly after the event, Jolinar and Sabre Wulf decide that they were wrong and killed me wrongfully and try to figure out compensation.

3) Jolinar ransoms all isk and assets of corp to cause a meeting and for grappler to appear.

4) grappler appears and comes out with new evidence to support his director post stating that upon logging in I must die. Directors agree that "what happened, happened and is in the past" and inform me that no, I can't stay in alliance or corp and that they will give me nothing. grappler also lies to other directors stating that he attempted to contact me through evemail and convo's to inquire of my inactivity, both of which never happened.

5) Evidence against me includes:

An IT forum post from someone asking if their quote friend "hurley" can rejoin IT 3 days before my death.

A corp history that includes BoB

The fact that several other ex f-off members have quit and joined IT

That I removed my roles and was evacuating (even though they later discovered that they had removed my roles)

6) Evidence that they were wrong:

Witness of Lanaqwik from 2 weeks earlier that I was looking for a buyer to hurley and the titan (why would I join a new alliance when I was selling)

My well documented history of hating BoB since my exile

I did not remove my roles

I was never planning on leaving DVRN, I was simply inactive due to RL.

I am not so stupid as to try to save low valued bs's with a titan when I am supposedly joining the enemy. I have 3 carriers in wy- to do that with at a cheaper and faster way.

IT never invited me to join nor did I ever ask.

So, in conclusion (yes I know this was long), SoT would rather sweep their mistake under the carpet than admit that they were stupid enough to fall for obvious propaganda/meta gaming. I mean, I didn't think when I joined that their leadership could be so gullible and stupid. I will most likely be selling Hurley without a titan or implants and Cosmo will be looking for a new corp as outlined in the recruitment thread. Any other specific questions, ask in here and I'll do my best to answer. However, the overall final answer is:

I WAS NOT QUITTING SoT AND WAS NOT THINKING ABOUT JOINING IT. PL/SoT MADE A MISTAKE AND ARE NOT MAN ENOUGH TO ADMIT IT OR FIX IT.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 04:34:38 PM »
1 EH tower left standing.  Should be out of reinf shortly then it dies.

1 week from today (Patch day) IT should have sov 1 and also gets the 7 days grace period to upgrade the system...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 06:05:30 AM »
So it should tick over today will PNQYY - gives IT a week, plus the grace period as it turns out.  Looks like they have a base in fountain now.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 06:09:01 AM »
So it should tick over today will PNQYY - gives IT a week, plus the grace period as it turns out.  Looks like they have a base in fountain now.

Weird that PL haven't gone all out on them.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2009, 10:34:42 AM »
Seems to have been a battle there yesterday, with large goon participation. The fun part seems to be that goons refused to set pl pets (ez etc) blue so they were shooting them as well as poses and IT haha.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2009, 05:34:36 PM »
Seems to have been a battle there yesterday, with large goon participation. The fun part seems to be that goons refused to set pl pets (ez etc) blue so they were shooting them as well as poses and IT haha.

* Mangala loves goons :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2009, 06:09:18 PM »
Found this post on COAD:

Event horizon pets lost a carrier in r3w. R3w is their jbridge to yrnj, and this was their last evacuation route.

What is left of their battered forces tried to fight IT, and lost horribly. The carrier was fit for RR armor with 2 cap RR reppers, BUT the rag-tag fleet they assembled had the rest of their shield tanking RAVENS.

In the end, it was another slaughter of the pets who finally had to learn PVP the hard way.

Event horizon still has 49 pos's in fountain AND about 20 low sec pos's in aridia, so the battle now moves to the "mop up" phases of moon grabbing, land grabbing, and popping corp hangers stuffed to the brim of rat loot.

Since the bob attack hit PNQ so fast after losing the dread fleet in syndicate, event horizon didnt take it seriously.

Almost their entire cap fleet is locked in pnq as sov flips. Rumors estimate over 50 cap ships are locked down in pnq, including 4 rorquals, 3 jfreighters 30+ carriers and the rest dreads.

Also event horizon put what is left of their building trit on market-over 500 000 000 units, and the stopped trying to make t1 ships to fight.

Last nite, a goon squad went to pnq with minor success but they lost, and also a pandemic legion medium POS as a staging base was destroyed.

Once sov flips the question is this:

1) will IT mop up some moons around pnq?
2) will they island hop deeper into fountain?
3) will they take g95 which is the renter center for all the rest of the PL Sot Pets

stay tuned!

Sums it up quite well :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2009, 06:10:18 PM »
Overall PL seems actually "happy" with this invasion - its by an actually competent force (even after the large cap loss they suffered over the weekend they stepped up and did this) and is by all accounts giving good fights.