Author Topic: Rokh - Fleet Fit  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Rokh - Fleet Fit
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:55:29 PM »

Thinking of that, for either fleet work, or sitting a bloody long way off a gate camp (prealigned already ofc) and hitting ships that jump through and try to make it out.

Screwed cap usage, but meh it can hit at nearly the hardcap range (its inside its 2x falloff),
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Rokh - Fleet Fit
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 12:10:02 AM »
was thinking of snipers, or actually was thinking of the usefulness of the scythe i built.
what is the use of snipers when someone can simply warp to you if you are at +150 km range? or is it just to use in conjunction with bubbles?

and in the EW thread you mention the scythe being useful to be able to create a tanked sniper, but my scythe is heavily untanked, will it still be useful in that case? it can sit >30km behind the sniper cause it has 500% range on the links, so that might help, but still. can someone explain why/how the scythe can be usefull?   :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Rokh - Fleet Fit
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 05:48:41 AM »
Cant warp to unganged players - doesnt work on them.

As for the Scythe - if its also sat with the sniper, then anything aiming to annoy/kill the sniper is purely going to hit that, as the scythe should be an after thought, you'd ideally want to take down the snipers if they were dropping your support from range. Also sitting at range is a good thing - if we had a bubbled gate, then even the other sides ranged stuff will be under the guns of our close range dps.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 06:36:51 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."