Author Topic: DC Universe Online  (Read 44624 times)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Re: DC Universe Online
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2011, 10:55:53 PM »
Ha! Found the fullscreen option in settings. How the hell did i change it in the first place?

Right, back to getting by head beat in by gorrillas.
DC Universe Online (EU PC): Psilance, Psion Hero, Noctirian, Sorcerer Villain
Neverwinter: Theron Dios, Control Wizard (Beholder)
Star Trek Online: Eric@TaithZero
SWTOR: Tarkanian, Sith Assassin (Progenitor) (Inactive)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2011, 10:59:25 PM »
... How do you create a Green Lantern?

its a premium thing
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »
a) I think I've been playing on a US server.

b) 6Gb update? Wot?

EDIT: It's language-pack related for EU? I seem to be able to avoid it by restarting the launcher with US selected.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:09:40 PM by Taith »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2011, 12:12:01 PM »
Hmm, number 1101 in the queue, started at 3304! Busy...

You can buy the Green Lantern expansion pack for about 10 quid Taith. Allows you to have the Green or Yellow contruct powers, new costume pieces and new zone I believe (Coast City).

I'm looking to pick it up at some point.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2011, 02:21:19 PM »
So they have this "megaserver" tech, that basically phases people as areas get busy, YET IT DOESNT FUCKING HELP WHEN 200K PC users are all trying to get on.

And to think at release there was bundles of servers...

(yes im in a 5k queue and bored).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2011, 02:30:21 PM »
So they have this "megaserver" tech, that basically phases people as areas get busy, YET IT DOESNT FUCKING HELP WHEN 200K PC users are all trying to get on.

Scalable cloud servers or what?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2011, 02:45:26 PM »

And to think at release there was bundles of servers...

(yes im in a 5k queue and bored).

indeed it does however also "phase" clues when you get close to them or indeed after you press "e" to start investigating :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »
Taith, i got around the 6gb patch by dong the following..

1. Enter the game folder and move ONLY the stand alone files (NOT folders) in the root of the folder to a backup folder somewhere. These are the Launcher files.

2. Re-download the launcher to the game folder, when advised you already have a copy installed, tell it you are re-installing. The launcher will download as normal.

3. lauch. itll check, do a 2.5 mb patch and you'll be good to go

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
personally however id wait till SOny sort their shit out

trying to log in and being 5500 in a queue isnt fun especially as i have a lifetime account ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »
Apparently they are working on better access for legendary folks.

In other news it turns out that the Scarecrow alert event, its tailored for people at top end, anyone else entering has their stats adjusted to relevant numbers, but isnt given more abilities.

No wonder the group I tried it with the other day couldnt do it, as they were all under 10 (so no stances yet, or decent abilities) and I was like 12...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2011, 04:19:19 PM »
Apparently they are working on better access for legendary folks.

In other news it turns out that the Scarecrow alert event, its tailored for people at top end, anyone else entering has their stats adjusted to relevant numbers, but isnt given more abilities.

No wonder the group I tried it with the other day couldnt do it, as they were all under 10 (so no stances yet, or decent abilities) and I was like 12...

erm the fact that Scarecrow is 30 in that event didnt give that away to you?  Seriously its piss easy if youve done the solo mission chain for Scarecrow ;)

Offline Taith

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • Nommer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2011, 06:06:57 PM »
I downloaded the 6Gb in the end. Then was largely unable to do a mission, due to lag.

Switched to the US server and figured I'd try making a villain and unless I'm mistaken my villain is my third character. However, once I spawned I was being attacked by a Braniac drone I couldn't see.

Might give it another try after dinner, but right now they're just a tad fubar.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2011, 06:19:38 PM »
think ill wait till its stable sounds painful at mo

laters elv

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2011, 06:25:31 PM »
think ill wait till its stable sounds painful at mo

laters elv

yup, seem they wanted a piece of the ftp pie but forgot to bake enough to go round.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2011, 07:04:27 PM »
seriously dont bother even trying to play this game until Sony sort their shit out.

Wait from 5500 in q to play then realise that once again i cant actually play as

i hit stuff no damage seems to be taken by mobs then they fall over, Intractable quest targets cant be interacted with, as THE SERVERS CANNAE HANDLE IT CAP'N