Author Topic: First alliance PvP op AAR  (Read 1506 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
First alliance PvP op AAR
« on: January 09, 2010, 08:15:43 AM »
Well here goes it, I'm a lousy writer so bear with me.

On Saturday night a few brave souls in the alliance gathered in Gelfiven to go kill stuff or gloriously die in battle. At the start we were 7, became 8 after a while when we picked Aerie up from Derelik.
We gathered around 20 evetime in Gelfiven, didn't get going for a while since the fleet was a complete mess with ranges and similar so we did some basic fleet maneuvers and comms.
Saf was setting up as a FC at the time so someone else had the manouvers thing.

After that we started to move through MH lowsec towards Derelik to fetch Aerie, the goal was GW, a little misnavigation and it was noted by our scout that the gate to GW was camped. So we went to Etherum Reach to kill us some russkies.

When we entered ER we noticed a few reds, Quam Singulari (ex PMS people ;) ), who were following us. We tried to outrun them but wasn't really possible so we made a stand in GW (thought we were in ER hehe). We sat by the gate when they jumped in, 4-5 of them in various smaller ships including at least one hic.
We proceeded to kill ships, to me it looked like we killed more than I got KM for but none-the-less. We got one cov ops frig and one ceptor on our killmails, maybe the alliance has some more.
When we started to shoot the hic that had a bubble up Quam jumped in their main fleet. At least 14 battleships (mostly maelstroms) and some other ships, one hic more I think.
Now the tables were turned so we were in short order killed off, think we had one or two surviving ships and a pod. None of them mine ofc :)

The roam had taken about 3,5h, quite pleasant and very fun to actually kill something.

Lessons learned is mainly:

• Pick SR/LR from the start and people should bring that. (I think we might need to specify some basics for what is a SR/LR/Sniper etc so people know and the FC has a toolbox of known tools rather than fools)
  • If you are bubbled at a gate BURN OUT!!!!!! (forgot this myself so hehe) thats the reason you have a mwd on.
  • If you make a stand, have a rear scout to make sure a main fleet isn't following and if it is don't get greedy with the kills, move on and fight another day.

I'm sure Saf and Aerie can fill in.

Only little sad part was the fairly low participation :( I had hoped for more.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 08:42:50 AM by peo »

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: First alliance PvP op AAR
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 08:27:08 AM »
Sounds fun :)  When I get my act together again, I'll be there to die with you ;)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 09:51:20 AM »
Well, I had the FC set up by the time we were going, but this other guy apparently had so much to say, I figured he might as well be FC  ;) But thats beside the point...

Hmm, you about said it all Hrod  :)
The reason you got confused about ER/GW is that I changed destination twice at that time. Once we entered ER I saw there was an easy route into GW so we went that way eventually as we know GW better and this way we could get there while circumventing the camp in Egg-bringer.
Con about this trip was the long and boring route we took through losec (where we couldnt kill anything, cause of the anti-pirating policy of .NERF), although the upside was we picked up Aerie  ;).

We also encountered another fleet in losec of frigs and cruisers mostly, which made me having a few scary moments, but we saved up and the other fleet moved on. Don't think they were considering attacking us, but I wasnt sure about the total count of that fleet - another moment where a rearscout would have done wonders.
Which brings us to the pursuing QUAM gang. In retrospect I think what made us have some kills was our good speed for a few systems, by which we outran the large blob of that fleet and got time to take out those 2 ships and have a go at the Onyx. In retrospect I also should have ordered us to warp out once the 2 frighulls were dead (the bubble dropped at some point), but I got greedy, as I thought there wasnt much more left of them (we only saw 5-6 ships max, before). If we had warped out then and there, we could have shaken them off or made a few more kills maybe. But then, we didnt have a rearscout, and I was inexperienced and greedy, so that didnt happen. :D

All in all a nice op, with a touch too much gatecrawling in losec and a touch too little participation.
But we got our first two 2010 kills! My thanks to all who came along, think we all did a good job!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 09:53:53 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »
What we need to remember is also that killing stuff by roaming is hard. Most safe up at poses or safespots and cloak. I accept the lowsec thing due to it being part of the "hedal coalition"... for now.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 11:04:13 AM »
if we had had a DIC/HIC or more tacklers we couldve done a gatecamp, but we didnt
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 12:36:10 PM »
If you need a rear scout tonight, I can fit a Condor with a MWD (should get pretty close to 3km/sec with that) and cloaking device (the basic stuff, ie wouldn't be moving much with that on) and fly behind the roaming force.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 01:24:19 PM »
I prolly won't be there tonight, so no idea.
If you fancy coming, just get some ships to Gelfiven (spelling? starts with Gelf anyway), maybe a (battle)cruiser too, for some dps, dont know what your financial situation is atm. But keep an eye alliance chat and alliance forum (http://www.newedenreconforce.com/forum/).

At any rate, fly something you would like to fly, esp. since you are trying to decide whether you like EvE enough to subscribe again...  ;)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 01:42:56 PM »
Come in anything :)

There are free cruisers in the corp hangar for example :)