Author Topic: EVE players. Not that mean after all.  (Read 1157 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
EVE players. Not that mean after all.
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:01:37 AM »
CCP did a buy ingame plex donate to a certain char and we'll convert them to rl money and donate to haiti..

We recently covered the PLEX for Haiti campaign, in which CCP would convert PLEX contracted out to a designated PLEX for Haiti character to full cash donations to the American Red Cross towards Haiti relief.

The effort allowed for players rich in EVE Online but not necessarily in real life the ability to assist the people of Haiti in their time of need. And as it turns out, the PLEX for Haiti campaign has been quite the success, generating over $40,000 so far!

The fundraiser was set to end on February 15th, but since donations are still coming in CCP has gone ahead and extended the fundraiser in order to facilitate them.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/14/view/news/page/1/read/16254/EVE-Online-PLEX-for-Haiti-Effort-Raises-Over-40k.html

Raised $40000 in plex.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: EVE players. Not that mean after all.
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 10:46:18 AM »
I don't want to sound like a greedy capitalistic bastard (even though that may be a fitting description), but how has this affected the PLEX prices? Ie has the euro for ISK rate been improved as there are basically ISK pumped out from the market?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: EVE players. Not that mean after all.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 11:17:59 AM »
Hasnt from what CCP have said except for a handful of attempts when this was announced by people to game the system a bit.

I too had the same thoughts mind :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."