Author Topic: IT "invade" fountain"!!  (Read 11005 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: IT "invade" fountain"!!
« Reply #60 on: January 03, 2010, 07:33:50 AM »
So a SOT corp leaves - also holds sov in Y-2 for the alliance.  Sov drops, IT cap the station then online a tcu.  The NC plus PL/Goons all decide they'll jump in to try and stop it last night in US prime.  IT had 600+ in system with a grid they'd been on all day (pos+TCU) including 200+ caps and 16-20 titans....

PL and friends lost 4 titans, stacks of caps etc as they tried to jump into a system whose node hadnt been reinforced and they subsequently lagged out something crazy. Unless you were already preloaded into the system by sitting there all day!

Quite amusing really. Espeically when those titans got DD'd by lots of other titans altogether.

IT's KB link of the event: http://www.it-kills.us/?a=kill_related&kll_id=121291
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:37:55 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2010, 11:50:40 AM »
Hmm.. The dread market might turn up a bit soon :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2010, 05:25:41 PM »
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Event_Horizon.

Failcascade?? They are our size now.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 05:39:19 PM by peo »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2010, 05:27:33 PM »
Smf missed the dot, but looked them up!

Jesus thats epic :)

Fnord went to the "new improved" IRC (Now a Solar/xDeath pet alliance)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2010, 05:42:21 PM »
Smf missed the dot, but looked them up!

Jesus thats epic :)

Fnord went to the "new improved" IRC (Now a Solar/xDeath pet alliance)

Prost seem to have gone a step up though, Majesta Empire. (noemy etc)
The majority to the "exodus alliance" which I guess is a temporary alliance used while evacing stuff.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2010, 05:31:37 PM »
Look at fountain now:

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/verite/influence.png

IT are certainly showing up on there in the old familiar "bob" blue.

Basically its a clean up for them in Fountain now, SOT/PL gave up - SOT cos they cascaded, PL cos they "didnt want that space anyways"!!!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »
Look at fountain now:

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/verite/influence.png

IT are certainly showing up on there in the old familiar "bob" blue.

Basically its a clean up for them in Fountain now, SOT/PL gave up - SOT cos they cascaded, PL cos they "didnt want that space anyways"!!!

Yeah right  ::)

Their claims after the fact "we really didn't want that space" rings so damn hollow.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2010, 06:23:19 PM »
We didnt want that space anyway is an ongoing EVE joke/meme.  Bob started it way back when iirc :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2010, 07:21:49 PM »
We didnt want that space anyway is an ongoing EVE joke/meme.  Bob started it way back when iirc :)

Perhaps, but take VS for example who basically has said in a few places that due to CCP nerfing their moon income they didn't think it was worth defending. Personally I think they are emo-rage-stopping to defend due to CCP changing the game they were used to.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2010, 02:58:25 PM »
(PL currently has 223 individuals in it, around 280 pre-Dominion,

Rather interesting tidbit about PL numbers from VS.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2010, 04:08:55 PM »
(PL currently has 223 individuals in it, around 280 pre-Dominion,

Rather interesting tidbit about PL numbers from VS.

Would pan right to be honest as theres 949 pilots in PL. So roughly 1main+2alts each?.

The drop could be explained away by Section XIII leaving though.

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2010, 09:18:38 AM »
Fallout from PL withdrawal is being seen.

Shamis is basically kicking OShit out of PL.

Quote from: Viper Shizzle
This is going to be a very long post so bear with me:

I've decided to not add any specific logs for the time being, I don't feel like digging most of them up right now but I'll probably post them sometime tomorrow.

During the initial stages of the Fountain invasion it was obvious (to most) that PL wasn't going to be able to hold space. Ops weren't being lead, our allies (SOT) were cascading and nobody was really dedicated to keeping a region few of us saw the value in. PL was burning out fairly quickly and OSHIT decided that we needed some time to "have fun".

If you've never played the sov warfare game, having fun has nothing to do with it. At this point neither side was really pushing and no ops were being posted for PL to join. Anyway, OSHIT heads to lowsec for a weekend and hotdrop people with faction BS. Shamis basically said this was me "killing PL" and that I took "half the alliance to lowsec" while they were "defending fountain". This is something he's still been going on about until today.

After Fountain, Shamis decided to move the alliance to Geminate and reset all standings so we could get "back to our roots". Most of OSHIT was cool with this until we got to Geminate, settled down and had, yet again, no ops posted. I decided that it was a better use of our time to secure some corp income that we'd lost during the Fountain invasion and, once again, Shamis felt as if we were "killing PL" by not having all of our members in Geminate while nothing was going on.

I'm not completely blameless in this. I could have been running ops the entire time we've been in Geminate, however I'm not much drawn to ~wulfpax~ and we lacked the numbers to do much more than that, even with the entirety of OSHIT in Geminate. Most of OSHIT was chilling around the same area of lowsec and we'd been putting some tech moons into reinforced (which nearly lost us three motherships and 15 carriers last weekend).

We openly talked about leaving during the latest op and Shamis decided to convo me about it

Quote from: shamis
PL RE-ORG

So as most of you already know, due to some failtrain forum permissions, a post that I made, in snigg inner circle has been released to CAOD by viper. I can't say I blame him for releasing said post since he was the primary target of the post.

I had hoped to handle all these issues much more elegantly, but now that the dirt's out there is no point in hiding from it.

To the people of OSHIT
I feel that viper creates a hostile environment within PL. Trolling is fine when it's funny, but with viper it is typically malicious...usually with the intent of undermining the authority or reasoning of some other leader in PL, whether it be myself, or another ceo, or some FC. This had a great deal to do with why Angel resigned, and I hoped things would improve after that, but they haven't.

While OSHIT was a functioning member of the alliance, contributing a significant number (nearly 40%) of our active pilots, I was willing to put up with a lot, but now that viper and/or oshit has decided to isolate themselves from PL, there really is no point in tolerating the situation any longer.

There have always been several unwritten rules in PL. Use alliance voice comms, invite other people to your gangs, live in the same space as the rest of the alliance. These things help create unity in the alliance, and without that there is no point in being in an alliance at all.

So, to you the people of OSHIT: I very much like flying with your active pilots. I'm done with the trolls, and I'm done with the drama. If your corporation elects a new ceo that isn't an asshole, AND relocates to live with the alliance AND starts using alliance comms regularly, then you are welcome to stay. If your answer is no, then I would kindly like to invite any active oshit member to join snigg if you wish to stay with PL. Your are of course welcome to apply to other corps as well but I cannot speak for their ceo's/recruiters.

To the people of FCUK
Get your leadership and your capitals to geminate in the next 3 days or get out. If you cannot do this, or don't want to do this, then once again I would like to kindly invite any members that wish to stay in PL to join another corp.

To the people of NESW
You've been with us a long time. And you still have several awesome members. But as of late you typically have 1-2 guys online maximum, and you've been involved in a lot of activities that I really don't like very much such as running around in gangs with hostile entities and chilling in empire all day. Sort your corp out, and talk to me. This needs fixing. If you can't sort things out, then again, please join another PL corp if you wish to stay in the alliance. I expect some changes within the week.

To the rest of you, keep doing what you're doing, but keep looking for ways to improve your organizations. I'm sure many of you will ask why I'm not also raging at BOS/COVEN/Blabs so I'll explain: they don't have many active members, but the ones they do have, are active, and in PL fleets daily. They aren't fucking about on the other side of the universe and they aren't flying around with hostiles, and they are typically on PL comms... Obviously these corporations could all use some more active members, but that is a problem plaguing all of PL at the moment.

Another theme with the other corps is they tend not to cause me any drama, which I like very much.

Notice
Any corporations that wish to leave the alliance will be given safe passage out of geminate.

So? What will happen to PL now? Basically seems to be only Snigg left after this happens.