Author Topic: Capital operations (cyno ops)  (Read 985 times)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Capital operations (cyno ops)
« on: August 07, 2009, 05:05:35 AM »
As we now have a capital pilot (waves Noj) I thought it could be a good idea to bring up some of the procedure for lighting a cyno for a jump capable ship.

But first, the cyno ships that we have in corp hangar, if you use one of them make sure you rename it if you are going to light a cyno somewhere else than right outside the station.

In general you will never jump into systems with hostiles in it unless you have a proper support fleet since a capital by itself isn't much  and will die.

Now positioning:
When jumping the capitals can bounce of shields and structures which is risky as they are SLOW!!!! If you think your battleships align slowly you don't want to watch a rorqual do it.
So it is vitally important that you when lighting a cyno at a pos or station (or belt for that matter) that you are not too close. Usually about 2500-3000m outside of the pos shield is ok iirc. When jumping to stations, which is the main procedure, you should always be at 0. This sounds a bit contradictory but if you take your ship to 0 at a station you will notice there is quite a lot of space around you so it works and the capital will end up at 0 and be able to dock immediatly. The best places are usually on top or at the bottom of the pos but anywhere away from +/-10 degrees from the undocking point is ok, you don't want anyone to bump the ship.

The Jump procedure itself should go something like this:
1. Capital pilot asks "System clear?"
2. Cyno responds "clear/not clear" (if clear go to 3 otherwise abort)
3. Capital pilot gets ready and says "light cyno"
4. Cyno responds "system clear, cyno up"
5. Jump
6. Rejoice the expensive arrival of a lumbering beast of a ship.

(There could be a few more safety checks there but this is what I remember from Red)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Capital operations (cyno ops)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 05:40:13 AM »
Dont forget cyno boat is then stuck for 10minutes :)

(Unless its a force recon :D)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: Capital operations (cyno ops)
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 08:08:57 AM »
Dont forget that anything you do gives you a 30 second timer before you can do something else.
Entering ship inside a pos/station means you got to wait for your ass other half to enter.
Jumping to a cyno means you need to wait 30 seconds before you can jump or dock again(most likely before you can use jump bridges too).
I havent tested this yet but undocking probably gives you a 30 seconds wait as well.
And dont forget to check if you got the fuel you need for the jump BEFORE undocking or asking for a cyno.  :D