Author Topic: Withdrawal...  (Read 22877 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Withdrawal...
« on: November 29, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »
Now what am I going to do for the next 3 weeks?!

Got Kurtt to 19 in the end. It. Was. Epic.

Really really loved it. Space combat was ace. Quite surprised actually.

Crafting was quite deep, and it was ace how you could do it while levelling or running Flashpoints.

Ended up caving and doing Hammer Station last night, which was epic. Respeced to tank to give it a go, and Jedi Guardian really started to shine for me. I'd been DPS up until that point, and while I enjoyed the class, I wasn't seeing the synergy of it. That changed when I went tank, so I think I'll be levelling in tank spec.

PVP was ace. Huttball was amazingly good fun. Did Alderaan too, which it like AB, only miles better. Didn't get Voidstar.

Really, really looking forward to launch now. So much so, that I'm off to GAME at lunch time to preorder the Collector's Edition.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: Withdrawal...
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:59:14 PM »
i just cannot wait either. What a game. WHAT...A....GAME!

I got to Nar Shaddah before I logged. It looks just epic. Bright lights, bustling nightlife, like space soho! Theres a Sanctuary town/area for both sides called the Promenade which houses everything you need along with a Hut trade network AH system. Im not sure if thats the same as the galactic one or like the Gadgetzan neutral one in WoW. I can see that being a general hub for all players, it really is that good. And like i said, it just looks amazing.

Did a bit of space combat, I really enjoyed it. I ike how it's balanced. Not complicated enough to take any focus away from the actual game, but still enjoyable enough to give a go for some extra xp while you send your comps away harvesting etc.

I honestly dont know what im going to do until launch. Oh apart from Skyrim :p

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
i just cannot wait either. What a game. WHAT...A....GAME!

I got to Nar Shaddah before I logged. It looks just epic. Bright lights, bustling nightlife, like space soho! Theres a Sanctuary town/area for both sides called the Promenade which houses everything you need along with a Hut trade network AH system. Im not sure if thats the same as the galactic one or like the Gadgetzan neutral one in WoW. I can see that being a general hub for all players, it really is that good. And like i said, it just looks amazing.

Did a bit of space combat, I really enjoyed it. I ike how it's balanced. Not complicated enough to take any focus away from the actual game, but still enjoyable enough to give a go for some extra xp while you send your comps away harvesting etc.

I honestly dont know what im going to do until launch. Oh apart from Skyrim :p

Unless they fix it, DONT send companions away whilst doing space missions, unless you know they wont return until you are done.

Mine returned half way through and proceeded to continually "fly" towards my ship ;)

Also those pop ups about companions returning during space missions/flashpoint boss fights etc gets really annoying, they need to implement a priority system for them.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 02:31:59 PM »
Just got hold of a physical Collector's Edition pre-order box from GAME.

The assure me I'm 'guaranteed' a copy. Either way, I'll be on their doorstep at 9AM sharp on the 20th!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 02:43:49 PM »

The assure me I'm 'guaranteed' a copy. Either way, I'll be on their doorstep at 9AM sharp on the 20th!

send me your postmen, 2pm is the norm for me
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 02:56:20 PM »

send me your postmen, 2pm is the norm for me

I'll be picking mine up from the shop ;D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 03:00:57 PM »
Any idea if they have settled on a grace period - Ste Reid said last week there would be one but wasnt sure of how long.  As I wouldnt want folks getting fucked over come the 20th.

And as for withdrawal. I reinstalled both Kotors... and iirc theres 2 weeks of a swg sub left lying around on of my SOE accounts :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 03:02:42 PM »
and iirc theres 2 weeks of a swg sub left lying around on of my SOE accounts :D

Now, THAT is desperation!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 03:04:24 PM »
and iirc theres 2 weeks of a swg sub left lying around on of my SOE accounts :D

Now, THAT is desperation!

:D

Seriously, I want scifi, I have eve and kotor. Im not that desperate.  However I will be whoring every forum I use in the hope that BW will suddenly announce uiscaling.... (not modding, just scaling ala lotro!).

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 06:08:18 PM »
I'd much prefer modding. When I say modding, i actually mean the ability to move pop-up screens about.

Oh and if you open a UI element, it shouldnt close another one and replace. But i suppose that goes hand in hand with screen space and being able to move pop-up screens about.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 06:15:50 PM »
I'd much prefer modding. When I say modding, i actually mean the ability to move pop-up screens about.

Oh and if you open a UI element, it shouldnt close another one and replace. But i suppose that goes hand in hand with screen space and being able to move pop-up screens about.

Aye, they need scaling and independent moving of elements in ASAP, its a basic function of the UI in just about everything within the genre...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »
I need a job. Your withdrawal is nothing compared to mine...   ???
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »

Catholics of Ireland have known for years that type of withdrawal doesnt work

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 06:43:11 PM »

We miss you.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 06:46:44 PM »

We miss you.

i do really miss you ;)

you are just not on enough now to poke fun at