Author Topic: Spoilerless Impressions from beta  (Read 8200 times)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Spoilerless Impressions from beta
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 11:04:46 AM »
Final shot of beta Kurtt aboard my Defender:

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 11:19:12 AM »
SO my impression after beta are

Squeeeeee

must have this :)

p.s. PVP is shit,

Huttball was dull and just fucked up generally, too many environmental traps exploited, Sith/jedi leaping around all over the place, an already squeezed skill bar finding room for a pass skill was very hard.

Attack/defence (cant recall name of the game) was more fun but still felt dull

plus after doing 1 attack/defence i levelled up 2 PVP levels got 5k cash and probably the same in xp at level 10

im now glad i purchased the CE all those months ago :)

ill gladly be shooting my syphilis empowered piss coloured bolts also, until someone makes a better crystal than +4 END (around level 15 from my dabble in Artifice)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 03:01:53 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 02:59:11 PM »
Yeah pvp was awful.  But I aint here for that to be frank.  (Their bolster mechanic is for 1-49 etc, no other brackets...).

Looking forward to pre-launch and launch itself.  Good that the guild program basically forms guild and asks each of us as we log in if we require to join etc As 1 less thing to worry on.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 03:03:51 PM »
I actually really enjoyed the PvP. Huttball was good fun. You dominate as a Trooper tbh. Mortar Volley ftw.

As for Guild launch, hope we get on an EU server with a decent name...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 03:05:08 PM »
I actually really enjoyed the PvP. Huttball was good fun. You dominate as a Trooper tbh. Mortar Volley ftw.

Same - about server name - do want a terrible one. Or one that begins with A. (All the idiots will pick first server in list etc...)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 03:08:26 PM »

Same - about server name - do want a terrible one. Or one that begins with A. (All the idiots will pick first server in list etc...)

Good point actually. If we get one called Galactic Rose, we'll be good to go!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 03:13:10 PM »

May I ask why that name?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 03:31:09 PM »

May I ask why that name?

It was a hooker he met on tattooine
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 03:39:29 PM »

May I ask why that name?

First random name to pop into my head ;)

And it was Nar Shadaa...

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »
Galactic Rose?

I'll tell you now, if i'm going to be rolling on the same server as you guys, don't be picking the most gay-arse name there!  :P

Any reason why server name is important?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »
Galactic Rose?

I'll tell you now, if i'm going to be rolling on the same server as you guys, don't be picking the most gay-arse name there!  :P

Any reason why server name is important?

As said, anything in the top half of the alphabet will become a laggy, dickhead infested hellhole. Full of spergelords and total bads as they cant read names past the first letter.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 06:09:07 PM »
Very true.

Z then  :-\

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 06:28:54 PM »
i want a server name that got something to do with Dathomir, rancors and naked night sisters.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 10:33:22 PM »
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19730-thanksgiving-beta-game-client-will-patch-to

Last weekends client will be patched to the release client.

Stephen Reid confirmed via Twitter that the Star Wars: The Old Republic testers from the Thanksgiving Beta Weekend will be able to be patch their game client for Early Game Access and Release. As such, players should keep their game installation in tact on their computers. For players who tested the game prior to November 25th, however, Mr. Reid recommends a clean installation of the game client.

Read on for the direct quotes from Stephen Reid.

FAQ: if you played this weekend you do NOT need to uninstall the #SWTOR client. We are planning to patch it to Early Game Access / Live.

Offline Rexorr

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2011, 06:24:12 AM »
http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/19730-thanksgiving-beta-game-client-will-patch-to

Last weekends client will be patched to the release client.

That's the Best news I have had all day.

As for impressions.  I really liked the fully voiced quests.  Normally I am just spamming the next button to get the text boxes to go away so I can get on with my life.  But I enjoyed the cut scene style of the quest conversations and the way your answers could effect light side / dark side points as well as Companion affection points.

PVP warzones were fun for me, even though I don't think I was ever on a winning Huttball team.  I didn't get into any open world pvp, so no clue how that's going to work.  Looks like consequences of death will be pretty insignificant.  Item durability is the only real down side.  So It wont replace Eve in that respect.

Overall I had a ton of fun, and could not wait to log in and play all weekend.  That could wear off, but the bottom line is, the game is fun, and it doesn't feel like grinding.

"Welcome to Eve, here is a Rubic's cube, now fuck off."  - CCP Soundwave