Author Topic: EU Beta Invites Have Started  (Read 19450 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: EU Beta Invites Have Started
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2011, 10:09:45 AM »
Hello everyone! We are excited to have you joining us for Beta Testing Weekend! We can’t wait to get you all into the test. If you just received your invitation today, you can visit www.swtor.com/tester to download the launcher and begin patching the game.

To simulate a launch environment, testers who have accepted new invites to weekend testing will gain testing access in staggered intervals based on when their invites were accepted. The first group of testers will be able to log on beginning on Friday morning (11/25) at 10:00AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin). Then, Saturday and Sunday at 10:00 AM CST (16:00 London, 17:00 Paris/Berlin) the second and final waves of testers will gain access. Please watch your email for details about when your phase of testing begins. This will come in a separate email from your invite.

To our existing testers: at 10:00AM CST on Friday 11/25, you will notice several new servers appear in server selection for the weekend test to accommodate all our weekend testers. You are welcome to create characters on these new servers, but please note that they will only be available for the duration of the weekend test, which ends on 11/27 at 11:59PM CST (11/28 5:59 London, 6:59 Paris/Berlin).

All testers share forums at this time, so please welcome our weekend testers, who will be active in these forums for the duration of the weekend test!

OOO 4PM, thats good.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2011, 10:20:37 AM »
SW site is shit. Can't retrieve my account details and can't create a new one because the CAPTCHA doesn't load properly and the audio captcha isn't accepted. -.-

i had that issue used "forgot password" which allowed me to set a new one, issue solved.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 10:42:01 AM »
Typical. I've decided to roll a Republic for the beta, and you're all going Empire *sniffs armpits*..oh that's why.

After rinigng up Bioware (how old school is that!) and being on hold for TWENTY......SIX......MOTHER.....FUCKING.....MINUT ES I finally got through to some obnoxious dick who really couldn't be arsed to help...but I finally coaxed him into telling me my security question answers before he hung up without even saying goodbye...

It's downloading now...hopefully I started it early enough to get in on Friday aft seeing as though I'm out all Sunday. I think a sick day is in order.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2011, 10:52:13 AM »
I'm rolling Republic during the beta Chug, so we can group up at some point. Either Jedi Knight or Trooper.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 10:53:15 AM »
Two hour password reset delay FTW!

Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 10:55:32 AM »
Coolio, Dan. I think i'll go for Jedi knight. Pidge is probably rolling a Trooper. Just post your server/name etc on here when you create it and the 3 of us can get our force on.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »
I'm rolling Republic during the beta Chug, so we can group up at some point. Either Jedi Knight or Trooper.

Wont that kinda spoil it?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 11:09:40 AM »

Wont that kinda spoil it?

Nah. From what I've read, you don't even get into act 1 until about 25 hours in, so I figure there's plenty of story left for when it goes live.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2011, 12:44:09 PM »
SW site is shit. Can't retrieve my account details and can't create a new one because the CAPTCHA doesn't load properly and the audio captcha isn't accepted. -.-

Sites down Im sure I saw in the 2 emails I got this am (despite dling client and rsvping yesterday!)...

site is now down for 24 hours i believe.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2011, 02:50:51 PM »
It feels like they're hosting the client download on the same server as their site. -_-
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2011, 11:49:44 AM »
Can someone hax me into this beta test?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »
Can someone hax me into this beta test?

huh?

if you had an account  with them you d be in, did you not have an account?
 otherwise im not sure :S

certain sites are giving away keys, but whether they have nay left i wouldnt know

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111111-0

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2011, 12:15:56 PM »
I created my account on 25th July 2009.
But apparently I didn't give them my full contact info and named my unborn child after them, so my account wasn't eligible for beta testing.

And I only found out about that on 22th November 2011.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2011, 01:32:29 PM »
6694-F2KW-89Y5-FX83

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2011, 01:37:59 PM »
SWTOR.com is currently unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Please check back again soon!

Their site has been giving me a ball ache for the past two days. Either EVERYONE wants to play this game or they really need to do some stuff to make their web tech run smoother.