Author Topic: EU Beta Invites Have Started  (Read 19243 times)

Offline Teleute

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: EU Beta Invites Have Started
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 12:53:08 AM »
So I just got this

Greetings Teleute,

Your account has been selected to participate in an upcoming Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Beta Weekend Test. If you have previously tested or are currently participating in an ongoing test, you will be invited again. Additional details for this upcoming test will be announced soon.

As part of this test, we will be partnering with games industry sites to distribute additional beta codes as necessary. This will help ensure we meet our population goals, so we can effectively stress test our servers in preparation for launch. Please do not acquire and redeem one of these codes as it could jeopardize your ability to participate in this test.

As a reminder, should you choose to participate, everything associated with this test (game information, process, forums communication, etc.) is confidential and may not be discussed outside of the Game Testing forum. Additionally, your participation in the Game Testing Program is subject to the Game Testing Agreement.

May the Force be with you,
The Star Wars: The Old Republic Team

So I guess I'll see you all there ;-)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:04:03 AM by Teleute »

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 03:16:04 AM »
Should be good.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 12:00:27 PM »
Every person that is signed up and opted in for Game Testing before November 11th will be invited to the upcoming Beta Testing Weekend.

so its final stress testing ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 02:25:56 PM »
somebody in synch was in this weekends beta and is reporting that server was very stable at full load.

but we will have to see in the true stress test beta weekend.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 03:12:11 PM »
somebody in synch was in this weekends beta and is reporting that server was very stable at full load.

but we will have to see in the true stress test beta weekend.

yup im guessing they are gonna fill it to exploding (well almost)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011, 01:33:17 PM »
So has everyone got their invites? I'm really not sure whether to bother as to not spoil any of the game, but it's just too tempting. I might just do what I did with Rift and enter as opposing faction, and play a class completely different to what im going to chose at launch.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011, 01:37:03 PM »
So has everyone got their invites? I'm really not sure whether to bother as to not spoil any of the game, but it's just too tempting. I might just do what I did with Rift and enter as opposing faction, and play a class completely different to what im going to chose at launch.

thast what im going to do

play something Imperial as stress testing is important for a smooth(er) launch.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 04:38:16 PM »
Im thinking Thanksgiving weekend - 25th thru the 27th.  Would get them much more stress testing...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2011, 11:06:30 AM »
We are targeting November 25-28 for our upcoming Beta Testing Weekend – our biggest testing weekend yet! If you haven’t got your code already, pick one up from the sites listed in this news article!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »
We are targeting November 25-28 for our upcoming Beta Testing Weekend – our biggest testing weekend yet! If you haven’t got your code already, pick one up from the sites listed in this news article!

I was close enough (wasnt sure if the monday counted for holiday weekends stateside like they usually do here).

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2011, 10:56:09 AM »
I've heard the client is now available for download at swtor.com/tester

20+gig, so get downloading  :P

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2011, 11:05:47 AM »
Yeah it has.

Downloading now!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »
lets hope there is no need to redownload before early access ;)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2011, 12:36:50 PM »
they say this is the final build for release too, and it'll just patch on launch. That's providing there isnt any massive issues

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2011, 02:02:27 PM »
Ah, 5mb a second.