What we have played > Warhammer Online

ORVR Update soon

(1/2) > >>

Mangala:
WAR actually has a huge ORvR overhaul coming up, and from what I've seen so far it looks fucking awesome.

1) when the zone unlocks, each side has a keep. if you take the enemy's keep, you win the zone and it progresses. that's it.

2) BOs are always vulnerable. controlling the BO generates resources for your keep

3) the resources are moved by an NPC which needs to be protected. you can gank the npcs and steal the resources for your own keep instead.

4) only rams can damage the keep door (along with.... see later)

5) siege weapons can be placed anywhere around the keep grounds and have been buffed

6) keep upgrades increase the armour of your resource carriers, give you siege weapons and... give you aerial bombers. bombers are on a fixed path, and let you lob bombs down and jump off over their keep

7) keep lords (as are all BO/keep NPCs) are gone. you capture the keep by interacting with the flag. for 30 seconds. any damage resets it.

8) The zerg is now completely split out, defending BOs and skirmishing everywhere.

9) Playable Skaven. Oh yes  ???. Rat Ogre (can lob allies onto the keep walls), Packmaster (can heal Ogres, can jump to/on them for defense, can summon a swarm of rats to debuff targets), Gutter Runner (permastealth, low damage, mount speed when stealthed, can sabotage siege weapons causing the firerer to take an insane amount of damage) and the Engineer which buffs siege weaponry and has an AoE warpstone flamethrower.

Read more:

http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=1321
http://bruglir.wordpress.com/2010/09/27/gamesday-fun-and-more-info-on-the-coming-rvr-pack/

Basically, zerg broken, loads of hit and run for small guilds, all culminating in a massive assault on the keep, the winner of which gets the zone. No more victory/domination points!

Caradir:
i like the ability to move siege weapons ANYWHERE use them to protect BOs or just in the middle of the map for lulz :)

Kurtt:
This is currently up on the PTS. You can make a premade tier 3 toon at 30 and give it a go.

Played a bit as a Warrior Priest. The process seemed a bit disjointed/confusing at first, but I had seen no notes, and the population was quit low.

Notable changes are highlighted in Jon's post above. Griffon bombing is fuuuun. Especially as you can drop the bombs on Destro below the flight path. I managed to jump of my Griffon as I was over the outer walls of Stoneclaw Castle (Empire Tier 3) and land on the battlements and start wailing on Destro and their warmachines. Thats gonna be fun come live.

Also, when you die, you now spawn in your keep. Very cool, and no more long runs and missed RP's and INF.

peo:
Sounds like it could perhaps be worth to try again if it is done properly...

Mangala:

--- Quote from: peo on October 17, 2010, 05:47:29 PM ---Sounds like it could perhaps be worth to try again if it is done properly...

--- End quote ---

if by properly you mean cgaring EXTRA for a couple of rvr related packs...

(They are giving away 1.4.0 as a free update but then certain aspects of it they have decided to sell as packs via the EA store when it goes live.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version