Author Topic: What exactly do we get in the game on release?  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
What exactly do we get in the game on release?
« on: October 04, 2011, 02:43:10 PM »
Ie how much story per class, how many repeatable instances(whatever they call them) and so on?

Is this properly announced yet or is it a case of I go trawl the beta sites...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: What exactly do we get in the game on release?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »
Stephen Reid recently commented that the number of flashpoints (4 man instances) in the game at launch will be in double digits. This could mean 10, or it could mean more. These start at lvl 10 with the Black Talon (I know this is a Sith FP, not sure if its available to Republic either) and progress through to 50.

Also, all Flashpoints have a 'heroic' setting as I understand it, meaning we can go back and do the lvl 10 FP's at 50.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 03:59:26 PM »
As for story, I've heard there's over 200+ hours, but I don't know if that's per class or in total.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 04:00:51 PM »
Stephen Reid recently commented that the number of flashpoints (4 man instances) in the game at launch will be in double digits. This could mean 10, or it could mean more. These start at lvl 10 with the Black Talon (I know this is a Sith FP, not sure if its available to Republic either) and progress through to 50.

Also, all Flashpoints have a 'heroic' setting as I understand it, meaning we can go back and do the lvl 10 FP's at 50.

Nice.  As long as they are repeatable, dont give huge silly amounts of xp so you level past them too fast etc, I'll be happy :)

And obviously each class gets a sick amount of relevant content too.  Or at least enough for a play through or two per class (if theres plenty of morality choices then it will be mint).

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »

Nice.  As long as they are repeatable, dont give huge silly amounts of xp so you level past them too fast etc, I'll be happy :)

And obviously each class gets a sick amount of relevant content too.  Or at least enough for a play through or two per class (if theres plenty of morality choices then it will be mint).

That's pretty much how it stands as of right now. Lots of replay value per class (which is good for me, as I plan on probably having two JK's at some point, one Guardian, one Sentinel). Also, don't forget, if your grouped with a someone on a class quest, you can attend and observe their class only quests, just not take part.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:49:24 PM by Kurtt »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 04:04:40 PM »
Makes a note. Avoid helping people with class quests.  I want some surprises in my game ;)

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2011, 05:21:32 PM »
200 hours of story is per class although there is some crossover afaik (story need to be followed as thats how you gain your companions/ ship)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 08:56:54 AM »
I heard on a vid that each chapter was much bigger than the entire first KOTOR game, and there are 5 chapters per class AFAIK. Not too bad really to say thats just the levelling process. Still endgame to think abou, and with the emphasis on casual endgame being so lenient (groups of 8, guaranteed loot etc) it seems like its a stayer for even the most casual player.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 10:38:24 AM »
Call me a carebear if you want, but I'm a massive fan of casual gameplay. Trying to corrale 10-25 people for raiding is not fun in my book. I remember THF back in the TBC days. It was not easy getting us to the level where we could do 10 man raids unassisted. More like a second job!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 12:10:37 PM »
Call me a carebear if you want, but I'm a massive fan of casual gameplay. Trying to corrale 10-25 people for raiding is not fun in my book. I remember THF back in the TBC days. It was not easy getting us to the level where we could do 10 man raids unassisted. More like a second job!

Im the other way, I enjoy organisation on that scale - and larger - even if it does burn me out alot (Ive been pulling silly large fleets in eve together recently, and its just omg!)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »

Im the other way, I enjoy organisation on that scale - and larger - even if it does burn me out alot (Ive been pulling silly large fleets in eve together recently, and its just omg!)

Aaand thats why you're the GM! ;D

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2011, 10:43:08 PM »
Update on this from NYCC.

Launch will have the following:

15 Flashpoints (4 man instances) with heroic settings unlocked at 50.

3 PVP battlegrounds (Alderaan, huttball and Void star).

2 Operations (raids) - Eternity Vault and an as yet unnamed one involving the Hutts.

Online Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2011, 10:51:03 PM »
Update on this from NYCC.

Launch will have the following:

15 Flashpoints (4 man instances) with heroic settings unlocked at 50.

3 PVP battlegrounds (Alderaan, huttball and Void star).

2 Operations (raids) - Eternity Vault and an as yet unnamed one involving the Hutts.

15 4 mans at launch wow
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)