Author Topic: so i have been out of the game and have questions thread  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
so i have been out of the game and have questions thread
« on: November 19, 2008, 11:58:20 AM »
hi guys i noticed you can dye items now ingame so my question is .

is it a npc you have to visit or do you get dye's as drops ?

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
Re: so i have been out of the game and have questions thread
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 12:11:12 PM »
You've been able to dye items for as long as I can remember in LOTRO. Scholars make 'em iirc.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 01:10:52 PM »
lol i didnt know that and i was a founder.  :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:33:52 PM »
Yup Scholars make the dyes, they added more colours just a few months ago so you may not have seen them, Turquoise. burgundy etc
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »
question 2.

is there away of setting your name above your head so you dont need to set it everytime you log on?

or is this a bug my end.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 04:10:41 PM »
question 2.

is there away of setting your name above your head so you dont need to set it everytime you log on?

or is this a bug my end.

N - floaty names on.

ALso then go into settings and theres a whole raft of them you can check box on/off in graphics iirc.

Although playing with names on in lotro makes me cry, personally it spoils the view.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 06:47:08 PM »
right question 3 currently have a lvl 26 hunter and the question is which is the best tree to concentrate on out of.

bowmaster
huntsmen
trapper of foes

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 02:49:28 PM »
ok ill try and help ;)

Bowmaster in my mind is THE solo set for hunters, its skills are all about Strength Stance and definetly makes the hunter guardian unfriendly (as youll be pulling agro from everything)

Heres teh 4 set bonus :  +15% Ranged Crit Damage, +20% S:Strength Damage, +25% S:Strength Threat, +25% S:Strength Power Use

so as you can see its 20% more damage for 25% more threat and power use, with 15% better crits. So that heart seeker will hit for a minimum of about 1600 ;) (my max on it has been 8000 ;D   )

Trapper of foes, im really not a fan of, imprpoves the hunters CC ability but lowers damage output but also makes them more group friendly as a result, Its skills are base on Endurance stance. The good side of it turns Penetrating shot in to a root but i just cant see why at 4 set the total of -25% damage for the ability to cast instant in combat traps is worth it.

Huntsman ive not tried yet as most of its abilities complement Fleet Stance, the newer Hunter stance gained in the 50's which allow shooting on the move but only with auto attacks, it stops you losing focus as soon as you move but apart from that ive yet to truly test it.

personally im aiming at 5 Bowmaster Which gives me the legendary Cool Burn (making the Burn Hot ability a quick ending combo)
and 3 HUntsman which improves inductions by 10%
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »
was going to go mainly bowmaster but i thought i'd better ask someone who knows more about it . :)

thanks.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 09:03:27 AM »
Best professions for a hunter please (made one recently, Warden & Runekeeper just didnt do it for me in the end) - ones that will help him most levelling and such?  (Most of mya lts have gathering so money isnt an issue when you can play the AH - when I play that is!).
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 09:59:02 AM »
hunter is medium armour so maybe a setup with tailor in it

or forester to make your own bows

both are good to make gear at low lvl's when there's not much on the AH.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 12:57:32 PM »
As Keggi say something with either WoodWorking or Tailoring  really benefits Hunters.

I went explorer on my hunter can gather both wood and ores (money spinner) as well as tailor, you would however rely on buying bows at AH or getting my Supreme WoodWorker to do one for you,