Author Topic: spammers and the like  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
spammers and the like
« on: November 26, 2008, 04:08:46 PM »
i think there needs to be a restriction on none registered people (guests) from posting links on the forums there have been a couple of dodgy looking posts over the last couple of days.

see the last 2 threads i have replied to for examples.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: spammers and the like
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »
i think there needs to be a restriction on none registered people (guests) from posting links on the forums there have been a couple of dodgy looking posts over the last couple of days.

see the last 2 threads i have replied to for examples.

Done matey - also made the recruitment section where this occured registration necessary now. I'll have to update various places that say otherwise.

Registration is ME approved anyways so spammers wont slip thru onto the board :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: spammers and the like
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »
Is there a message at the top of the forum saying 'Please register to post... blablabla'?

Spam is teh annoying. However, forced registration is always nice to weed out possible guild members who can't even be bothered to do that.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.