Author Topic: Oh hey - its a thing!  (Read 9720 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Oh hey - its a thing!
« on: August 13, 2019, 07:55:21 AM »
God damn I love the original cinematic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYK_Gqyf48Y

Anyway, Pedesvir (Dorf warrior) and Mangala (Nelf druid), have been created on Mirage Raceway. I'm down for shenanigans as our lives allow. Its either that or level alts till Gondor in lotro and then not play them :D
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Oh hey - its a thing!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 08:07:11 AM »
I got Backdraft on Mirage raceway not going to bust a nut playing this time nice and easy levelling I remember getting to level 40 after levelling fast and finding I didn't have nowhere near enough gold for a mount. :)

Cinematic was the reason my first char was a dwarf hunter.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:45:35 AM by Keggi »

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 02:22:00 PM »
I'll sub once people are done pounding the servers into the ground on the first day or two. Need to reformat a machine to run it first and I'm sure I can come up with some names that end on -kini if my main is taken.

Doing a druid on both alliance and horde. Planning to run my night elf over to Dun Morogh to start that goat reputation grind early just in case I play longer term.

Is Discord what the kids are using these days to communicate?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 02:36:50 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 04:05:47 PM »
discord seems to be the thing never used it myself im still using 2 plastic cups and a piece of string.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 06:40:35 PM »
Was on wow today talking in guild synchronicity(formally known as Hands of Justice) are making a guild in classic think GL is going to be Fian I know Nony was going classic they are rolling mirage raceway too don't know how many others theres only about 10 still playing that people on here know but we will have people to group with if needed. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:50:13 PM by Keggi »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 11:12:13 AM »
This is just a thought if you don't want the hassle of being GL again(Jon) we could easily join synchronicity in classic although im HoJ all the way I was just wondering on numbers this side ?.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 06:12:14 PM »
I seem to be installing Classic, still not 100% that i will actually play though ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 06:20:21 PM »
Mwhahahahahah I don't think any of us have expectations of playing 24/7 anymore more of a chill trip down memory lane the suggestion I made above was because I can see Jon is busy with work and other things and may not want to deal with any drama that comes with being GL.

But HoJ was the vanilla guild so would rather be under that banner.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:21:56 PM by Keggi »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 08:30:01 AM »
Im good with HoJ being a thing again. Nothing serious just casual playing, good to know some old friends are around for grouping if needs be outside of that.

I'll be looking at discord and what not - as thats what folk seem to use thesedays - later this week. Along with a small post or two somewhere to attract other time constrained folks like ourselves.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 09:06:18 AM »
Sounds good was just a thought. :-[

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2019, 02:41:12 PM »
For me running around with some friendly faces now and then is more important than the specific name we do it under. I know we can share chat channels and use discord, etc. But it's also nice to just see some guildies online. So I'd rather do that under name X rather than be the only one online under a HoJ banner most of the time.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 03:14:40 PM »
Don't know exactly what the people in synchronicity are doing I just saw the guild message saying they were rolling on mirage raceway and speaking to the GL who is xelanos's wife she said Fian was going to be GL but I have not spoken to Fian or anybody else about their plans I know Nony who has just rejoined the guild after about 5 years elsewhere mentioned he only came back to the game because he was interested in classic.

read in chat that Pn had reserved a name but don't know what the others that still play are doing Anjor/Ashaar/Xel/Sunbane if Xel's wife is not playing maybe Xel wont.
Cath does not play anymore.
Val not been on for 10 months.
Kurtt not been on 9 months.
Dragonborn not been on for 2 years.
some guy called Daikini not been on for a couple of years. ;D

Driscol from ghost legion said he was playing classic but he is the only one from there I have seen and spoken to recently.
Seen about 2 people from Drakan Templars last few weeks legionnaire and for the first time in a few years Shallow though they are in a different guild called British Army though I think its just the same people from DT.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 04:39:41 PM by Keggi »

Offline Baptiste

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2019, 04:35:59 PM »
Nice one, it seems like Mirage is the place to be  ;D

I've reserved s??the and have been hanging out in the Blood Inc Discord. It doesn't seem that they're going to run a phpBB forum or a Teamapeak server so I'm not to sure how committed they are to the Classic experience. I suspect that some will be playing at over 20fps.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 05:19:20 PM »
Count me in!

Worth a months sub for a poke at least.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2019, 09:12:35 AM »
Thought you had been kicked out of synchronicity for a minute there Kurtt then noticed your GM'ship of a certain guild in retail. ;D