Author Topic: What to do with old games and music?  (Read 2950 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
What to do with old games and music?
« on: August 25, 2013, 11:54:30 AM »
So we're clearing out the place and I've got a box or two/three with older games and official music cds.

If need be I'll dump it in the trash container outside, but are there more useful purposes? I don't want to go through individual sales/give aways. I just want to dump it. Either in the trash or with some other party. I know there's music magpie in the UK, but we don't have that over here I think.

Anything like Goodwill or Salvation Army or other places that can put it to good use? Or kid's charities or something?

There are disc recycling places, but a train ticket to drop stuff off over there will cost me more than anything I might get in return.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
Re: What to do with old games and music?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 05:49:20 PM »
i'm sure any charity shops will take them off you?

laters elv

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 06:55:36 PM »
How much are we talking? I'll be at my folks this weekend and might drive by and collect em sunday, if gf agrees.
We have an anarchist run 'weggeef winkel' in Leiden.

Also, recycling store in Leiden picks up stuff for free. Not in H'sum?

Or mebbe I could try if 2nd hand store would give some cash for it and wire it to you?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 06:57:54 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 07:05:44 PM »
I'm waiting for the gf's sister to actually move out all her shit (she started renting a room). Then we'll be cleaning out the bedroom and I shall take pictures of the games. Pretty sure there are multiple copies of WoW in there, including Warhammer Online CE or something and SWTOR. So that's half a box that's no use to anyone except for maybe the CE thing.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.