Author Topic: origin.com  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
origin.com
« on: June 06, 2011, 07:14:07 PM »
check out the swtor video titled choose on the main page new bits added to the 2 other trailers making it one big trailer.

http://www.origin.com/uk/

edit:the new parts are from the 3rd trailer which can be seen in full at swtor.com in about half an hour

edit2: this website is where you will be able to d/l swtor if you go for the digi d/l option
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 07:19:35 PM by Keggi »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: origin.com
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 07:28:27 PM »
Nice.

Waiting for the 3rd video eagerly, really loved the previous E3 unviels.

Also happy i have finally settled on one EA aaccount if they are changing how shit works over there.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:37:26 PM »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 09:26:09 PM »
Fuxk EA , fuck Origin, they will price gouge for their releases now instead of pricing competitively due to them only being available there
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 09:53:53 PM »
Fuxk EA , fuck Origin, they will price gouge for their releases now instead of pricing competitively due to them only being available there

Welp.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 09:25:19 AM »
You know what, even if you get this as a box version, you'll probably be locked into Origin with it even then... EA will want it to be like Battlenet...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
Yeah it is - and taken together with the previous two from other E3's, its like the start of a movie!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2011, 09:19:17 PM »
Hey, have you got select EA games such as Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Dragon Age: Origins, Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2, Alice: Madness Returns, Dragon Age II (and possibly even more) on Steam? Well, you’re in luck! PC Gamer reports that these games purchased on Steam can also be activated on EA’s Origin service.

Don’t be fooled, however, because not every EA game utilizes this function. Mass Effect, for example, is one such title.

Apparently, the Origin service already “auto-detects” EA games on users’ computers, so perhaps sometime in the future Origin can detect your Steam titles. Interesting, huh?

didnt they claim origin wouldnt be competition for steam? well im guessing soon EA will pull all its titles from steam.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 07:44:54 AM »
they wont
it'll cost them too many (future) customers
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 04:45:54 PM »
So done some digging (official forums are full of people who really need their keyboards taking away, my little faith in humanity may have been finally stripped away):

06.15.2011 , 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krookie
Thank you for the clarification, Stephen. I have one more question, will we have to install Origin and run it in order to play the game, get updates, etc. even if we purchase a boxed copy?

Stephen Reid:

No, you won't.

While Origin will be the exclusive digital retailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic (in other words, if you want to buy it online and download it, you’ll do so through Origin) that does not mean that Origin is required for you to access or play The Old Republic.

Origin is a digital storefront, and the desktop application is there to give you quick access to Origin exclusives and deals.

However, you won’t need to launch the Origin application to run The Old Republic, nor will you patch the game via Origin. Once the game is on your hard disk, you’ll be connecting to our servers to patch and launch the game, and Origin does not have to be running to do that.

To answer another question - boxed versions of the game will include the client on DVD(s).

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 06:28:37 PM »
So done some digging (official forums are full of people who really need their keyboards taking away, my little faith in humanity may have been finally stripped away):

You still had faith in humanity?

Personally i consider our species to be parasites on the host body of our mother earth and the sooner we are gone the better. Roll on global warming  >:(
parasite [?pær??sa?t]
n
1. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Biology) an animal or plant that lives in or on another (the host) from which it obtains nourishment. The host does not benefit from the association and is often harmed by it

need i say more
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 07:10:39 PM »
talking about parasites (and taking this completly off topic)

whenever i ask a pregnant woman "hows your little parasite doing?" i get frowned at, im not saying anything wrong what is their issue?

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2011, 07:24:51 PM »
They only frown at you? damn they must be the most laid back preggers girlys going. If i'd have said that to the wife during one of her preggers periods she'd have stabbed me...
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »
You gus *talk* to women?  ???