Author Topic: Tomb of Elendil  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Tomb of Elendil
« on: December 01, 2009, 07:54:29 PM »
Do we have enough people interested in the kin to get Tomb of Elendil done with a HoJ run? Or should Fitzer (at 41 now) try to PUG it?

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Tomb of Elendil
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »
I cannot tonight - EVE shinies to drool over.

But Beo will be up for this - Ive done it and love it :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:11:28 PM »
not available tonight, but certainly up for this as it is nice.

your not missing anything by gaining a few levels before hand either it is HARD ;)  (and hopefully bug free, no fun when last boss bugs on you and you have to fight unlimited turtles)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 07:48:42 AM »
Ok, holding on then :)  I was yesterday asked by a PUG to join, they said a burglar is absolutely needed for the instance, and they didn't have one. As it was getting pretty late already, I did not join them (and instead posted this thread here :) ), but I thought it might not be that hard to get to a PUG as a burg if the estimate (a burg is absolutely needed) is true :)  It's just that I prefer to do stuff with HoJ members :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 08:05:17 AM »
Allow me to lvl up 10 more lvl's and i'm in!   :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 08:16:40 AM »
Ok, holding on then :)  I was yesterday asked by a PUG to join, they said a burglar is absolutely needed for the instance, and they didn't have one. As it was getting pretty late already, I did not join them (and instead posted this thread here :) ), but I thought it might not be that hard to get to a PUG as a burg if the estimate (a burg is absolutely needed) is true :)  It's just that I prefer to do stuff with HoJ members :)

Done it without a burg crew checking in.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 09:23:52 AM »
Allow me to lvl up 10 more lvl's and i'm in!   :D
You better start with the quest chain soon, as it is freaking *long*. It starts from Aragorn in Rivendell, and the first part can be picked up before 30 (I think Fitzer was ~28 when he picked up the first quest in the chain).
http://lotro.mmodb.com/quests/a-momentous-decision-1209.php
It's easy to solo the parts, and you can do most of them doing other quests in the area too, so not that much back and forth running (except for the parts where you have to put the statues back in shape, can't help swimming acros the lake in Evendim a few times then).

The final instance seems interesting and fun, can't wait to see it my self! Seems to require quite a bit of co-operation from the group, and some proper planning well ahead :)
http://lotrovault.ign.com/View.php?view=Guides.Detail&id=40

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 12:04:59 PM »
those idiots that "need" a particular class in any instance in LOTRO piss me off. LOTRO isnt as reliant on specific class setups as some games, yet all these ex-WOW players come and play it with that mindset.

Burglars make it easier, yes, but needed, no. Just like having a captain in any group makes things easier yet youd get by without one.

Burglars do have skills that start CJS yes, however if you need to rely on them (CJs not burglars ;) ) then your not doing a good job.

the only real tricky part in Elendil is last boss.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 03:20:43 PM »
I think I have to confess I did a few levels ago join a PUG to do this. And it was a PUG who absolutely *needed* a burg to make it possible (sorry Garry :( ).

We completed it fine, although one wipe (minus the brave burglar who did bravely HIPS after the others croaked) which was caused by the hunter who first broke a mezz, then ran away to pull two other groups (gotta love hunters) while the captain who was the tank was somehow distracted in real life. The gigantic turtle in the end went fine, did open with 5xYellow and 1xBlue, everybody except the hunter survived (dunno what he did to get killed, didn't actually see a thing trying to tickling the turtles behind).

However, count me in if anybody ever needs a hand doing this instance. Was a fun run even with the PUG :)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 02:02:10 PM »
I was attempting to get a TLA run to Tomb of Elendil organised tonight, but as there is another run scheduled for tonight too, seems there won't be as many TLA members around. So, if any HoJ members would want to do this instance, I would be more than pleased if you could join for the run tonight :)  The remaining spots will be filled with PUGgers (there is always people looking for ToE runs), but would really prefer to do the run with people I know :)

The run is scheduled for 20BST/ 21CET tonight. So far from TLA there is signed up me on my warden and Peter (who you might (or maybe not) remember from HoJ in the early days of WAR) on his champion.