Author Topic: Digital bonuses/upgrade  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Digital bonuses/upgrade
« on: December 23, 2011, 08:14:35 PM »
Flare Gun
Training Droid
HoloDancer
HoloCam
STAP In-Game Vehicle

So you can get the above items for 20 euro.

Flare gun = aesthetics? Anyone fired it? I'm guessing this is something you'll never really use.
Training droid = combat assistance? What exactly does this do?
Holodancer = meh. Didn't find the ones in the cantina very interesting at all. Night elf dance was more erection inducing than a holo Twilek.
Holocam = w t f? It takes screenshots? I've found that PRT SCRN doesn't always register. Think this will do a better job?
STAP = still looks like you're taking a poop mid-air. And basic speeder speed, you'll replace this at higher levels.

As far as I'm aware there's no special vendor or anything (just for CE and Security Key).
Or does it award access to a vip area and the 1.5 million speeder mount for purchase?

So... what's your opinion on these digital items now that you actually got them in-game?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 08:21:05 PM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
Re: Digital bonuses/upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2011, 12:10:35 PM »
I actually paid the 14 quid to upgrade, bit of a waste really. The holocamera is cool, screenshots from it are auto stored in 'My Documents'. All apart from the mount are just social items really. The mount is good, but I can actually make one for next to nothing on my Cybertech.

You do get the VIP wristband and acess to the 1.5m mount, but not the CE vendor.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 06:07:29 PM »
Screens are saved in my docs anyway - they got rid of that paste to paint jobbie it seems.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2011, 07:08:59 PM »
I buckled. I'm weak.

Seems you can't screenshot cutscenes and convos. That seems to be why some of mine don't get saved (using PRT SCRN at least)
Just discovered you can buy VIP area access for 1 million credits from the cantina vendor at fleet as well. So you don't need to upgrade for it if you're a dedicated slicer and don't waste your money on doodahs.

Holocam only and automatically takes screenshots from the first person perspective (and not 3rd person).
Holodancer disappears again before you get a chance to blink. This is very sad.

STAP is worthwhile and looks less crappy than I thought it would. But then again, for 8k you've got a basic speeder if you're not picky, which doesn't look that bad imo. Access to VIP vendor with the VIP speeder and other items (haven't found/visited him yet) hopefully offers some value.

I most likely wouldn't buy the upgrade again if I had to choose. Maybe if they flesh it or the items it provides out a bit.
The only thing that's really worthwhile right now is the STAP if you like the looks of it. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 09:51:41 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.