Author Topic: Suicide for dummies  (Read 5253 times)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Suicide for dummies
« on: October 07, 2011, 12:17:51 PM »
Riiiiiight...

Saw this emergency heli circling in our neighbourhood, so with nothing better to do (read: procrastinating my ass off) I went to see what was up. Appears a local tattoo artist attempted suicide by...

driving his car through the wall of a public parking garage about 8 metres up...  ::)

By some miracle the car (old american one, so guess 1500kg or so) ended up top down, but this was 'luck' really. Might just as well have landed on its 4 wheels or w.e. Buuuut in the end, the emergency guys still pulled him out of the wreck alive. The roof had collapsed till carbody height, but rest of the car was pretty much intact still.
Heard from bystanders who were at the scene when it happened (or hearsay from) that his wife was at the scene, yelling loudly. He had already said his goodbyes to her. Tragic  :-[

Luckily noone happened to drive, walk or whatnot at the crashsite at the time, or he might just as well have taken a whole family with him, fucking nutcase... (parking lot was above a supermarket and he ended up just in front of the entrance of the parking).

Will post piccies as soon as they appear online.

(For the few locals reading this: was at the Albert Heijn at Hooigracht, car ended up at Middelstegracht)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 01:28:31 PM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Suicide for dummies
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 01:04:20 PM »
soooo he though that driving off an 8m height would cause a big enough crash to kill himself in a box designed for safety at crashes of 70mph?

retarded seriously

for those not wanting to do maths hed be doing less than 10mph on impact ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 02:25:50 PM »
photo's:

Newssites still say it was an accident, him accidently driving backwards in stead of forwards, but you can see he was driving forwards (backend lying away from building he came from (which is to the left in the top photo), but upside down, so was driving forward and then made half a summersault). For now I go with 'word on the street' and say TS.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 02:42:55 PM »
Waste of a good car.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 09:11:29 AM »
i read about it, but have no idea where that garage is
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 12:24:07 PM »
i read about it, but have no idea where that garage is

(For the few locals reading this: was at the Albert Heijn at Hooigracht, car ended up at Middelstegracht)