Author Topic: Mines Of Moria  (Read 6204 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Mines Of Moria
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:36:14 PM »
With the release getting ever closer i thought its time to share some MoM info

Todays lot Legendary Items

Legendary Items
Reforging Legendaries
Forging Part1 & Part 2
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Mines Of Moria
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 10:28:40 PM »
Today its General game play changes

Combat System
Trait Mastery
Class Trait Sets

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 09:21:54 AM »
Hmmm I don't understand the "partial parry" mechanics, looks overly confusing.

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 11:57:20 AM »
Nice information, thanks! :)

And now for totally Off-topic:

I tried again LOTRO a week ago during the "Welcome back weekend". I stopped LOTRO sometime last February-March (blame WAR beta, I joined the closed beta then...). The game looks and feels very smooth now :)

My old Kinship on the RP server Laurelin seems to be pretty much dead by now, there was one other player online during the time I tested it a week ago. Anyway, how active are you lot in LOTRO, especially in lowbie levels?

If I would transfer for example my Burglar (level 26) or Captain (level 20) to Snowbourne, would I find a new home with you guys? Or perhaps if I started an all new toon to explore the world again (I bet much has changed since spring 2007 when I explored the early levels first in beta and then when the game got released).

Notice that I spent most of my LOTRO time after June 2007 in MPvP (which is why my characters haven't leveled up), but now I'd really like to take a proper look at the PvE part of LOTRO. Because WAR PvP rocks compared to LOTRO, but PvE is not much to call home about; and while I am more of a PvP player (I think), nice PvE now and then would be great too :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 12:45:42 PM »
Hmmm I don't understand the "partial parry" mechanics, looks overly confusing.

Think of it as a deflect rather than a full parry, instead of the sword landing a hit you mange to change its course therefore diminishing some of the power behind the blow.

If I would transfer for example my Burglar (level 26) or Captain (level 20) to Snowbourne, would I find a new home with you guys? Or perhaps if I started an all new toon to explore the world again (I bet much has changed since spring 2007 when I explored the early levels first in beta and then when the game got released).

HoJ in Lotro at the moment is pretty much my RL mate who plays 3-4 times per week :) i joined another kin to see more of the endgame, but still upkeep the kinhouse ;)  Beosvir logs in now and again. Ive always said that if HoJ got busy again id come back over no qualms with my new contacts could be a fruitful alliance as The Last Alliance are a bunch of grumpy old gits :) i pretty much plan on splitting my time between LOTRO (lifetime sub does that) and War

Also LOTRO is a different game now than it was at release (first year has brought in many changes, yet DX10 is still borked after last major patch :)  )and MoM will make it even more pretty by the looks of it, PVP is crappy in LOTRO. Ive always said the dungeons in LOTRo are sooo well scripted and pretty especially Urugarth, Carn Dum etc

Ive always had 1 major complaint with the game and its the sheer amount of forced grouping thats in it, theyve done a lot to address this (except in Angmar which can be painfully slow to get groups) and are working even more in MoM with the dungeon scaling they are adding. Going into a dungeon as 3-4 man or full group no probs dungeon will scale difficulty to suit the numbers :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »
My copy was shipped today :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 11:24:51 PM »
do not install before 11pm 17th or else lotro wont work due to version mismatch, so say the COG

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »
Hmm I'm wondering if there's much point getting MoM yet, I've got two toons at 35, and one at 30. I have no intention at this point of trying out either of the new classes really since I've already got enough on the go. I think I'll leave it, but if anyone's aware of anything "omg dude you wont be able to visit elite Tom Bombadil's lair" then please do let me know!

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 12:33:51 PM »
as far as im aware its entirely post 50 stuff in MoM, but why you not at 50 ;)

Eregion finally opens up and questing there to gain entrance to Moria including forging your first legendary item (each class has a max of 9 iirc) to aid in combat against the watcher in the water (with there being an epic encounter planned iirc against that ones parent inside Moria)

and Lothlorien to begin gaining the trust of Galadriel herself (many quests to gain rep before being guided to her )
 the only thing you gain without MoM purchase is the ability to complete epic book 1 with chapter 15 becoming available to all to end that tale.

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2008, 01:45:59 PM »
as far as im aware its entirely post 50 stuff in MoM, but why you not at 50 ;)

Mostly because I play with my wife, who's extremely casual with the game. Not quite as powerlevelly as I am, which is why I have three toons at a similar level (catching up to our 'main' while we're not playing them). Partially also because I find LOTRO's levelling to be quite slow at times. Perhaps it's the constant kill "6,000 wolf quests", but I suspect it's more to do with the high amount of group content (and we are well behind the curve) it's hard to find people to do a good number of the quests with. Lastly we play it on and off - started on release day, and play for a few months at a time before something diverts our attention away :)

We do ok, because we're playing a guardian + minstrel so we're a mini fs in our own right, but we don't grind particularly quickly or anything. We've just about finished up the lone lands I think, just a few more quests to finish up, and we've got our ponies - where would you advise we head to next for questing? I think we need to go visit the elves!

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2008, 02:39:49 PM »
at 35 prob evendim, trollshaws, finish off any North Downs stuff your at the level where id look into getting a party to do Fornost its a nicely scripted instance, 4 main bosses and a few optionals.

When you get to 40 hit angmar and youll be 50 in no time last 10 levels are stupidly fast :)

just remembered at 42 instead of angmar go to Forochel levelling is faster there lots of ore lots of hides and its fun too ;)

« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 02:43:58 PM by Caradir »

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2008, 03:28:21 PM »
Ah yeah whoops I meant north downs, we're just finishing up there now, the area down in the SE where all the orcs are.

Evendim or Trollshaws - both same sort of level are they? That'll be a first, having a choice for where to go - does one come logically before the other? I haven't played my hobbit in a month or two, I'm not sure where our quests are leading us except to go see the elves, which I guess takes us through Trollshaws. Not sure where evendim is, is that the place with the little hobbit village at the border, north of the shire?

I am in a LOTR mood now after chatting about this today :D

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 03:45:05 PM »
So, if I was to buy MoM, would I then be able to roll a warden at level 50, even though I don't have a level 50 character? Those wardens sure look cool by the description :)

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 03:53:21 PM »
I'm fairly sure you'll have to play from level 1, regardless of whether you've got a level 50 or not(?)

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"