Author Topic: Bree-land questing changes?  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Bree-land questing changes?
« on: July 04, 2009, 08:32:03 AM »
http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363735

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363619

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=363900

Seems they moved/changed quest givers as well as added some quests to this zone, seems like they too are pandering to the "omg 2 minutes to run and hand in quest, OH NOES" brigade that wants it all, or am I just a touch too reactionary?

They just seem like silly changes, along with increased exp (which ruins the full xperience of zones as you never really get to finish them at the correct level to enjoy them), and the focus on "endgame" (HELLO WE ARENT IN FUCKING MORDOR YET!!!!!!) that pervades the more vocal (and oft listened too) sections of the games community (Honvik Im looking at you in the EU!).

Dont get me wrong, I love the game, I love the world. When I want to login its there and its awesome, I just am annoyed with stupid "get people to high level fast BS" like all these changes recently.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 08:39:43 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Bree-land questing changes?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 09:32:51 AM »
the changes are pretty much the same as they did previously in ered luin to help "flow" or as i say to lead people by the hand around the area ;)

but beware although they are making start easier the new dungeons really require some work, they are that good :) challenging yet fun. Until you get used to them after the 10 millionth run and they become easy  hehe.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 09:39:12 AM »
:)

Im looking forward to those eventually, but just annoyed at how easier levelling is. Ive found that not playing the game regularly actually helps me feel like im doing it slowly, rather than racing towards cap and inevitable boredom (Tried to get my brother to do it my way, but he didnt and all he ever does is whine that he has nothing to do now).

For example, 15 quests and Ive got most of level 53 out of the way :S
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 09:41:49 AM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 09:43:33 AM »
he cant be done with the new raid alreadys ;)

i can see how if you rush endgame it coiuld get dull as they are quite slow at releasing new stuff but when they do it has quality (when it works) and atmosphere.

i just wish theyd stop messing around with minstrel power icons every patch they change due to whiners :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 09:45:55 AM »
he cant be done with the new raid alreadys ;)

i can see how if you rush endgame it coiuld get dull as they are quite slow at releasing new stuff but when they do it has quality (when it works) and atmosphere.

i just wish theyd stop messing around with minstrel power icons every patch they change due to whiners :)

He's done all but the actual raid.  Give him 2 weeks and that'll be out of the way - he's up in the ass end of fucking nowheresville scotland (*outside Campbellstown) right now so is on a break :)

One thought - do I have more of those stupid fucking bugs to kill? Im getting Silithus/AQ flashbacks!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 09:50:01 AM »
He's done all but the actual raid.  Give him 2 weeks and that'll be out of the way - he's up in the ass end of fucking nowheresville scotland (*outside Campbellstown) right now so is on a break :)

One thought - do I have more of those stupid fucking bugs to kill? Im getting Silithus/AQ flashbacks!

Dolven View i take it?

good news is bug quests arent so prolific after there until you decide to do skumfil, that instance is full of bugs/spiders.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 06:59:24 PM »
So theyve moved quest givers from Adso's camp and even moved Celandine brandybuck from Brandy hall to a house near the gate to buckland.  My fanboiside isnt impressed :(

Adso's looks quieter than ever :(

And then a few bree based quests to a house outside it, for no obvious reason apart from one quest location is across the road from that house.  And here I was thinking there was no mouth-breathers in lotro, turns out they work for turbine :S

Edit: Makes me really annoyed do some of these changes.  And yet I have to put up with them as im finding beo boring to play as I like the sky :D

Holy fucking shit.  Remember that quest to take a bag to Bill ferny at night? well you can now take it any time and a ring a fucking bell to summon him. WTF!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:15:56 PM by Mangala »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 08:07:37 PM »
bill ferny quest nerfed fuck!

i like the night-time quests the tards. >:(

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »
Ran around searching for a certain guardsman that according to questlog is in Bree townhall, but he was moved to a friggin house near the road north of Bree and they didnt bother to update the quest.  >:(
I also couldnt find the questmobs for some GB quests as they had been moved to the barrows and the quests had been removed from my logs...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 06:20:09 PM »
Ran around searching for a certain guardsman that according to questlog is in Bree townhall, but he was moved to a friggin house near the road north of Bree and they didnt bother to update the quest.  >:(
I also couldnt find the questmobs for some GB quests as they had been moved to the barrows and the quests had been removed from my logs...

Done that on a couple of my alts too - finally found some in Buckland, some at that house in breeland and the rest just on the edge of the downs near toms house.