• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Book 8
« on: June 20, 2009, 10:06:17 AM »
Anyone got solid info yet?

Will it just be for capped folks, or will there be changes/additions for lower players?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Book 8
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 11:04:06 AM »
apart from crafting changes etc most of the new stuff is for 60s

heres the patch notes on the test server so still some changes before release

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Release_Notes_Volume_2_Book_8_Bullroarer_Official
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 10:37:31 AM »
I’m sorry for the lateness of posting in this thread. It’s a busy busy time in the Codies office! An official announcement about Book 8 will be coming out within the next 24 hours or so, however I can tell you informally that we're tracking releasing on Thursday, subject to a final green light meeting.

We’re also getting the final details from QA so I can finalise the known issues for the Book 8 patch and it's worth noting at this point that there are some important known issues, which will be detailed in the announcement mentioned above.

For those wondering about the size of the patch it’s going to be about 650mb

so tomorrow(??) if it goes as planned, guess it depends how many bugs yanks find since they got it yrsterday :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 10:38:56 AM »
It'll go wrong - they'll miss a comma or something in the localisations :D

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 10:49:20 AM »
According to the forums the new instances are bugged (at times can't kill the end boss in some instances, etc). Ie pretty much as it was when LOTRO was released, still remember my visit to the Great Barrows with my Minstrel during final days of the beta and it was bugged as hell -> not suprisingly it was just as bugged when first entering it first time in live with the Burglar (the very freaking reason I never got around to complete Great Barrows with him, grrr).

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:00:16 AM »
only 1 instance is bugged to the effect that the last boss can become unattackable (mirrored halls), another in that a debuff sometimes wont remove but leaving room and resetting  should sort it.

so people who go into these instances are aware of the issues so do so inder advisment :)

so far no known issues about new raid so im looking forward to learning that :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »
Important Notice – Book 8 Release Postponed
Following developments overnight on the live US service, Codemasters Online has decided to withhold the release of Book 8 until the patches/hotfixes can be applied.

In addition to the instances that needed to be closed, it transpired that a serious issue with stuck characters has manifested rendering many players unable to move or to log in.

In order to avoid these problems, we have decided to postpone the Book 8 release until we can go live with the fixes to these issues. The hotfixes for the instance bugs and the stuck characters issue are currently in test with our QA department. Working around the clock we will attempt to update to Book 8 tomorrow, (subject to approval). Please note that further issues discovered on the US service may preclude us from releasing Book 8 until further hotfixes are received.

Today's scheduled maintenance will be finishing earlier than advertised.

Please watch the forums, website and launcher for further updates as they become available

Good old US players Beta testing for us again it seems :D

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 01:19:53 PM »
The hotfixes for the instance bugs and the stuck characters issue are currently in test with our QA department.
Good news for Gunnarr/Sven/Rico
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 12:54:35 PM »
FYI chaps - clients patching now :)

Seems codies got it done early.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »
downtime was meant to be from 7am to 3pm so as usual they finish early, they are the only company i know who always overestimate downtimes ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »
downtime was meant to be from 7am to 3pm so as usual they finish early, they are the only company i know who always overestimate downtimes ;)

CCP do occasionally, but otherwise i dont disagree.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2009, 02:21:48 PM »
/snore  patching taking forever  /snore

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2009, 07:43:36 PM »
Anyone had troubles getting on?

My bro was after he patched and apparently still is - as are alot of his kinmates.  I dont want to try this just to have my playtime this evening messed up as ive just had on EVE (2 chars stuck jumping into a constellation and even relogs not fixing it :S)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2009, 08:24:12 PM »
no troubles getting on, patching took 2 hrs or so, lagg in places is bad new content is fun :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2009, 08:30:17 PM »
Stacking in bags is the thing im actually wanting the most :D