Author Topic: Incursion stuff  (Read 9193 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Incursion stuff
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
Anyone else seeing the bars as all red for incursion control in the journal and not blue at all?  Which means certain TZ's are failing - as Im sure ive seen them gaining blue in the EU evening...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2011, 11:03:11 AM »
Anyone else seeing the bars as all red for incursion control in the journal and not blue at all?  Which means certain TZ's are failing - as Im sure ive seen them gaining blue in the EU evening...
yesterday evening (around 8-9 EVE Time) all bars in journal were all red. I've been flying through the Derelik systems and the individual systems ranged from 95-99% sansha control.
My guess is that (esp in hisec/bear areas) missionrunners relocate rather than organize themselves to tackle those scary sansha areas, esp since most pure bears will not have trained logistics, making harder difficulties nigh on impossible for them. The fact that only a handfull of systems is affected (what? 8 constellations * 8 systems = 64 systems?), and even less / none in major missionhubs makes it easy to steer clear of them, rather than to engage.

Re: the necessity of players organizing themselves: EVE never had PUGs, so expecting ppl to suddenly team up with strangers is... quite optimistic...
I now realize I never saw figures about the amount of players that are in player-ran corps (vs. NPC corps) and the average size of those corps. I think esp hisec has lots of smallish corps, like MAADI, that won't be able to handle harder difficulties by themselves. NPC corps are mostly... sandboxes(!) I guess. Loose grains of sand who dont stick together unless it rains.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 11:17:02 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2011, 11:07:41 AM »
Anyone else seeing the bars as all red for incursion control in the journal and not blue at all?  Which means certain TZ's are failing - as Im sure ive seen them gaining blue in the EU evening...
yesterday evening (around 8-9 EVE Time) all bars in journal were all red. I've been flying through the Derelik systems and the individual systems ranged from 95-99% sansha control.

I dont think that one will change much, its lowsec and out of the way lowsec at that too.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2011, 11:17:50 AM »
see edit above
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2011, 11:58:46 AM »
see edit above

Re part of your Edit, the Hisec one in Amarr space (Kador) has taken over the Amarr COSMOS constellation, and these are very well used by 'bears, but you are correct on the rest - the gall space one even has locked down one of the systems newbs gets redirected too (as I found out logging in a alt I made to view any gall specific options for the char creator), but not any hubs there.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 01:00:36 PM »
Dear Aunty Mang

I'm trained up in Guardians, not too shabby on Armored Warfare Leadership skills, all thats lacking is any real talent for gameplay.  I would like to get involved: can you point me towards some good Guardian fittings and guides on how to fly the things to maximum benefit (tacs, implants, tricks etc) so that I can fake it long enough to make a few squids.  By the look of things there might be plenty of work for a pair of Guardians to do if you don't mind a rookie wingman with a prediliction for logging on only when the mood takes him (a sort of Owen Wilson to your Ben Stiller)

PS I can also fly Command Ships so a similar request there.

Anxious of Gamis IV
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 01:02:37 PM by Jeremiah »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 01:10:44 PM »
Bit more writey uppy stuff - this time EVEO:

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1456962

Scouts do sound much easier than I have seen mentioned elsewhere.

============

Jeremiah. I'll go thru my oodles of guardian fits and pull the ones for duos/triples and link them here or in ships+piloting.  As for tacs for pve its not something i have worked out yet - we cant exactly get there before the main deeps do as we'll die awfully fast. But in pvp its basically hit the field, lock the other guardians, cap chain with other guardians, watchlist the people in your squad / fleet that are main deeps. Set reps on them as they hit armor - choice of 1 2 3 or 4 large armor reppers (You got IV or V Logi?) and keep going. if other logi takes damage as primary, switch all reppers onto it, rinse repeat until your side bails or the others do.  Also use a drone to whore on killmails (pvp ftw).

Its mainly about having fast reactions and keeping on top of damage, and making judgements as to who can wait it out and who cant. Personally if a shield tanker needs armor, then its not worth it, as you are topping them up ALL the time...

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Can fly Guardians with logitics at 4 and remote armor/energy transfer at 5 on Dlarah(but i have never tried flying one!). Or he can field a mean laser boat with armor tank for dps.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2011, 03:27:09 PM »
Logistics at IV

Armored (sic) Warfare at IV

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2011, 05:35:40 PM »
Me and saf went around to look for some scout sites, but the staging system is empty :( huge amounts of vanguard sites around though.
And our towers in bim is running low on fuel in 2 days ;) bim is a vanguard site btw.

So if we want to do anything we need to be a bit more organized and set a time i think so people can get online if they want to ;).

To clear it enough to make the constellation uncynojammed would take much more than 2 days and alot of sites ran by alot of people, not just 4 guys in whatever they had handy.

Blob dont need cyno ;) (what I mean by clear is the gates and helping me get the freighter to bimener and back).

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2011, 06:54:03 PM »
seems to be some smaller things in the staging system in derelik now (kenob something or the other).
So if someone is interested we could try some of them?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2011, 08:15:38 PM »
Me and Saf decided to try some incursion stuff :)
So we were on our merry way to keno in 2 AF.
At a gate in Astabih we saw a group of sanshas that looked particularly evil and in need if being deadified, so tally ho and all that so in we went.
The sanshas was 2 frigs and 1 cruiser. I did 57 damage and died in about 4-5 seconds :) Saf being the coward he is ran away ;).

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2011, 08:32:46 PM »
Soo.. to kill 2 frigs and a  cruiser you should bring a dual large armor rep baddon backed by 2-3 guardians to survive?  :D
Or would perhaps hacs and bc be enough?

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2011, 09:15:11 PM »
the game being laggy as hell didnt help
and i packed some punches later but didnt quite die, maybe superior resists of minnies (vs amarr ships) against sansha helped

didnt try to kill them solo as the game and/or area was REALLY laggy, but if lag hadnt been there I'd have tried based on how my wolfie handled the first few blows (without orbit-tanking even engaged yet). what I did see though is that even frigs dont die easy and that they can melt frigs pretty fast themselves
hardest hit I got (on my untanked shield) was 450 dam by a cruiser...

they're rough  8)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2011, 06:09:18 AM »
The incursion has spread to derelik high sec now :P kasrasi is a staging system :)