Author Topic: The golden years revisited!  (Read 2691 times)

Offline Envicta

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
The golden years revisited!
« on: October 29, 2008, 12:07:20 PM »
Hey guys,

When I found this yesterday, I have to admit that a little bit of wee came out!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ScummVM

Some of the my earliest and greatest memories are associated with the games that this emulator supports..

In fact I personally think anyone who hasn't heard of "Monkey Island" should be kicked from the guild for lack of proper education!

My personal favourites have to be..

"Beneath the Steel Sky" -    Amazing storyline!   Just amazing...
"Day of the Tentacle" -  Oh just wow..
"The Secret of Monkey Island"...
"Simon the Sorcerer"  - Asparagus jelly anyone?
"Lure of the Temptress"

And what is better..    if not..  just too good to be true!..

You can port this Emulator on to so many different platforms..

I have it working on my iPhone,  my PSP and I would of got it on my Wii if I had it modded!!

I'm taking an indefinite break from Warhammer while I relive my early-years!   (when until the 80's graphics burn a hole in my brain!)

PS.   If anyone needs to find the game-files for any particular game,    message me in-game or go to your favourite torrent site :)

ENJOY! 

Envicta.

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: The golden years revisited!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:28:40 PM »
I use it to revist beneath a steel sky every couple of years, love that game :)
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:05:53 PM »
I've never been able to process the fact that I got stuck in Flight of the Amazon Queen.
The bit where you're in the warehouse in the jungle and you're running around with a hoover or something.

Ta for the link!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Axenar

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 01:14:56 PM »
funny I found this a few months before WAR came out after I wanted to replay Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis and my Missus wanted to play day of the tentacle. In my search to find out how to play them I came across the emulator and went on to play through the first 2 Monkey Islands and Indy. And my wife played through DOTT.

Then left me inspired to go play Monkey Island 3 and end up buying 4 off ebay cos I hadnt played that.

Good times.

Now if someone would just do an updated version of the original Dungeon Keeper I'd be a happy man.