Author Topic: Renting Space: Options  (Read 3787 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Renting Space: Options
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
Aye - Kasei can run BPCs of everything needed -and it's a good place to have out of corp cyno alts.

This wont get KASEI noticed by hostiles will it? Anything that can do that, I'd sooner isnt risked.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2009, 06:38:01 PM »
No - it shouldn't arouse any issues - but I have an alt corp I setup for cynos also if you'd prefer that being used.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2009, 06:38:41 PM »
No - it shouldn't arouse any issues - but I have an alt corp I setup for cynos also if you'd prefer that being used.

Please.

Or members just man up and learn cynos. I did :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2009, 11:00:13 AM »
Im having doubts on a personal level that this is what I want for my characters. Thats why I may be coming over a little grouchy today. Im still up for this move, but I wont be moving all my shit and such as I have already said - about 30% of my life will move out there. 

I want to shoot people, I dont care for anything else anymore. And doing it as a tenant seems nigh impossible (looking around it seems people dont expect tenants to do stuff other than pay) - especially given the current blueness of the universe. In a pvp universe like we have now its becoming harder to just shoot shit when you start involving territory and stuff into it that I dont care for (caps, poses, NAPS etc etc etc).

I'd love to be a part of an alliance, but on my terms not theirs basically. I'd love to feel the joy to own space, but again done differently to caps/poses etc.  Basically this is a little steam letting about naps, poses and caps not being what I want to do personally.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2009, 11:02:31 AM »
And I am concerned that people feel forced into this - especially newer members. And members we'll get after M10 (I have a list of people I know from round the way who will be giving eve a go then), I have to think of them too.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2009, 11:06:28 AM »
I understand your sentiment - and it's factored in as part of the general sense of direction based on some chats we've had.
The terms of the arrangement with any alliance is always hard to start with until you have some standings in eve - you have to earn respect somehow.

My feelings are to build relationships - much as Vac outlined in many earlier posts by building some infrastructure that's beneficial.  Providing Cap ships is one straw we have - and this current move gives us the ability to earn what's needed to get the rest of the BP's needed for that.

Once we have some more information on the space down there - we can also look into something that I know interests us both - building and running an Outpost.  Something that will generate income for the corp and provide a service to the community around us.

While there is some compromise involved to start with re:blues - it will put us on a good footing both financially, asset and with those alliances/corps in the game.

Thoughts?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2009, 11:09:17 AM »
And I am concerned that people feel forced into this - especially newer members. And members we'll get after M10 (I have a list of people I know from round the way who will be giving eve a go then), I have to think of them too.

I know and understand - I have been in a similar situation before years ago with 0.0 moves.
There needs to be a balance of opportunities between 0.0 and empire - and this I think allows for that.  Joining a 0.0 alliance often requires a complete or near complete move to 0.0 - renting at the mo appears to allow us to forgo the requirement and base it more on desire.

I don't want people to feel forced - but I'd like them also to see the benefits to them and the corp.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2009, 11:11:25 AM »
With M10 and exploration - W-Space is harsh - much harsher than 0.0 in terms of NPC's and risk.
0.0 is a really good stepping stone - I'm just annoyed I wasn't able to get things arranged sooner.  Sorry about that.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 12:55:14 AM »
Took a while but I've gone through the list of Blues and contacted each contact for the corp/Alliance and requested confirmation of +standings.

I've confirmation that we have rights to docking at the G95 station and have started getting replies back re:+standings.
When I get a few more I'll post them here for clarity.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »
Rubi, sorry I've not been around much, but it's a good move - well done for coordinating this.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »
Thanks and good to see you back.  I was begining to wonder where you'd disappeared to.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »
Ok - everybody on the PL/SOT List has been contacted and I've set +5 standings for them.
I've a list of those who have responded and confirmed standings - when it's about complete I'll post it here.

I guess we should have a list on the forums also for members to check against.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 07:45:14 PM »
I'd like to get moving on alliances this week if possible.
The PMS gang have me worried and it looks like Arcane aren't gonna hold together (had a chat in local today with a few guys).
EH have responded well and they're in a good position to take over the Arcane space - at least a chunk of it.

Additionally I'm getting quite a lot of interested in cap ships from other blues in Fountain :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 04:49:40 PM »
Take it we can stop paying PL now?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 05:06:15 PM »
Aye - one of the reasons to get this sorted sooner rather than later.