Author Topic: Renting Space: Options  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Renting Space: Options
« on: February 15, 2009, 12:15:14 PM »
Let's take a poke at this topic.
What do you think?  Having 0.0 access would be handy for around patch time - as it's been suggested that 0.0 WH's will provide richer playgrounds.

TCF appear to be setup to allow corps access to their space and they hold a good chunk of ground.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Renting Space: Options
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 12:30:32 PM »
Its an idea  but what cost and would cost be more than we could afford even in 0?             Also who are there reds excepting kenny ofc    ie  i dont want to roam 50 jumps to fight or shoot poses      also trusec how good is it       lastly what conditions would they place on tenants re  w-space?    Posted from my phone
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 12:33:26 PM »
Speaking of posting from phones - is there a layout for SMF that has better support for them?
I've been posting via phone for the past few days and while it's not hard - it's not easy.

When I get back home - I'll ask around and see what the costs are.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 10:43:14 PM »
TCF are pretty decent to rent from I hear, and they have a big enough fleet to defend.
Rental's usually pretty cheap, and you'll more than make it back in minerals/sales.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 11:15:38 PM »
It should be something we consider sooner rather than later.
With the wardec it would be wise to move mining out of the way so it doesn't impact production.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 11:19:46 PM »
Why did we get wardecced?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 11:22:54 PM »
*shrugs* some griefer corp

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:57:35 PM »
Another I've started to research - Pandemic Legion - details: https://www.pandemic-legion.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10571

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 06:22:19 PM »
love PL
They have some of the best players in the game.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 09:32:35 PM »
Update:
Finally managed to get my PL forum account approved - so attempting to reach the person in charge of renting from them.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 12:38:32 AM »
Update:  I've come to an arrangement with PL for renting their space.
They've agreed to let us access to their space and to be added to the appropriate lists for standings.
I'll then need to contact people on the list to ensure standings are set and then we can move in and setup a POS.

The rent is 5m/head/month - which comes to 250m isk/month.

If you're ok with this then I'll arrange the transfer and set the ball rolling.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 08:03:17 AM »
Dont see why not. 

What are the guidelines/rules for living in their space? Be nice to know them.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 08:41:50 AM »
Rental agreement standard to all renters in pandemic legion space:

You pay:
5 mil a head to be paid on the first of the month, every month. 200 mil a month minimum payment if your corp is smaller then 40 people. you CAN pay in advance but if your alliance recruits a lot of members in between payment and the date rent is due, you are expected to make up the difference.

You get:
You get docking rights and full services access in all fountain stations, you get permission to set up poses anywhere in fountain provided it is not in any restricted constellation.

you get a list of people to set blue(at the bottom of this document), and you get permission to rat, mine, explore anywhere in fountain (see exceptions below) with the provision that your pilots do not rat in systems already taken by other npcers and dont cause dumb drama. Everyone in fountain is NBSI.

Ratting & mining rights:

In the sovereignty of the following alliances, you leave the system if one of the members of the owning alliance asks you to leave
-Pandemic Legion
-Sons of Tangra

Restricted constellations:
-Griffin
-Minotaur
-Phoenix
-Skaven
-Chimera
-Unicorn

The listed constellations are off limits to unauthorized renters. You can't rat/mine/run exploration sites in these constellation. However you can run esculation sites, NPC missions and pass through them.

"mazzilliu" is in charge of residency agreements and all payment and correspondence goes to that character. If you are in any doubt as to the correct spelling, copy and paste from this document. Accept no substitutes!

Sov rights:

update Feb 25th:
DO NOT anchor towers in PL or SOT sov systems. for some reason there's been a lot of people trying that recently, and it's pissing us off. if you manage to drop our SOV with your towers you're going to get fined(we'll probably demand the towers you dropped our sov with). no you will not get special permission to anchor towers in PL/SOT systems, dont bother asking.

Simple rule- first come first serve. No one on this list can force a renter to pull up a pos except Pandemic Legion or Sons of Tangra or by their authorization. If a system already has sovereignty, you need to ask permission before laying down a tower. Any tower dropped in PL or SOT systems without explicit permission will be removed immediately peacefully or not. People abusing this rule and dropping sov in lots of systems will be punished in some way that will make this not worthwhile.

Due to the increase in SOV (seeing as people are taking sov so they can have their own private ratting systems) which is reducing the systems people are able to use the following change has been made. SOV does not grant the right to ask people to leave the system. There is NO owning any system outside the restricted constellations. What this means is first come first serve. If you are ratting in the system you may ask others to leave if you were there first. If you are ratting and they are there to MINE you can not ask them to leave. Share the systems.

Again this does not apply to the restricted constellations and any const that PL or SOT have Sov in. You are free to rat mine in PL and SOT sov systems (outside the restricted constellations) but if they come in and ask you to leave you must leave.

When you pay, procedure for getting set up:
Upon payment mazzilliu will set standings and add you to this document. Mail every contact on this list asking for blue status and reference this page for proof. Only set blue status when they have confirmed you blue

You also get access to PNQY, G95 & U-S stations in Fountain, their owners have been instructed to grant access to everyone on this list. You will not get access to Y-2 station at this time or be given temp docking rights so dont ask.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2009, 06:27:20 PM »
How longs the blue list?

Also this is my plan:

I best be buying a 2nd copy of all the non-cap bpo's I have purchased recently - in no way am I comfortable with moving all the assets of MAADI down there without a backup of somesort kicking around. If anything these 2ndary ones will become a personal collection of mine kept with KASEI should a return to Empire be required. Shall retain all the offices to be honest for the same reason and they dont cost too much per month anyhow - 50k per month for the 3 we have iirc in total.

As for my characters:

Mangala - few Af's, the falcon and an eagle. Nothing else. No need for me to move any fleet setup BS's etc, as we are only tenants, not actually part of the sov holders. 
Ammik shall be moving over to KASEI to keep mining the ice that helps power that tower - even with MAADI upping sticks, KASEI's tower still stands and reverts to a backup or my own personal toy.
Thera - the freighter stays in hi-sec i'm afraid.  I'll maybe grab a second Orca and take that (the rigged one is staying in hisec) and use that as a mini hauler. She'll be using a hulk and the orca, nothing else.
Angaraka - he's to become my mission bitch in hisec or I'll stick him in FW for when I want reasonless PVP with no diplomatic crap to worry about from our "glorious" landlords.
My RND datacore alts - moving to kasei, they have no faction standings to speak off, and they are part of my safe income. (That drops us down to nearing 45 characters.)

Im going to be at least a week before I am even close to ready - jc's still to do on some characters, lots of market stuff to tidy up on the trader so mang has a suitable pot of isk to go play the Fountain markets with (I intend to buy alot of the regular stuff and mark it up - they havent got a rule against that :D).
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 06:31:06 PM by Mangala »

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »
Aye - Kasei can run BPCs of everything needed -and it's a good place to have out of corp cyno alts.
I'm only aiming to rent space for a short period of time until I can align us up with membership of a decent alliance.  ED are coming around and we may well disappear into W-Space for a bit.

I see this move as mostly a way to get the guys experience of 0.0, generate a large amount of income and to be ready for what unfolds.