Author Topic: Module Types - an explanation  (Read 1688 times)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
Module Types - an explanation
« on: January 02, 2009, 01:00:32 PM »
Loot: T1 - Named - Best Named - T2 - Faction - Deadspace - Officer

This is something that confused me a LOT when I was a newbie, so here some basic pointers.

T1 items - the most basic items; can be looted or built by players from blueprints.
Refine into heaps of minerals, so if you loot basic T1 items, simply melt them.
Example: Heavy Missile Launcher I
Large Graviton Smartbomb I

Named items - some items you loot will have an additional prefix somewhere in their name and in their attributes you'll find an entry reading "Meta level" 1-4, with 1 being the lowest, 4 the highest. These items are lineary better, than basic T1, either by offering improved effectiveness, less required fittings or using less capacitor. Meta 4 items tend to be on par with T2, on single occassions even better.
Named items refine into less minerals, than basic T1, so you may be best off putting them on the market.
Example: Malkuth Heavy Missile Launcher - named, Meta 2 (iirc)
"Arbalest" Heavy Missile Launcher - best named, Meta 4
Large Rudimentary Concussion Bomb

T2 items - these have more or less advanced skill pre-requisites and perform significantly better than T1 gear. T2 items are exclusively built-only.
Example: Heavy Missile Launcher II
Large Graviton Smartbomb II

Faction items - can be looted on very rare occassions; more often than not you are likely to find a blueprint copy of a faction item and can build a limited amount of it. You can also purchase some faction items (or their respective blueprint copies) from Loyality-Point stores at some stations.
Faction items require the same skillset, as basic T1, but usually perform better, than T2. "Meta level 6" attribute.
Example: Caldari Navy Heavy Missile Launcher
Dread Guristas Large Graviton Smartbomb
Deadspace items - similar to faction, but even better, can be found in deadspace complexes if you're lucky. "Meta level 8" attribute.
Example: Pithii C-Type Small Shield Booster
Officer items - some of the most expensive items ISK can buy. Officer items only drop from "boss"-type rats and have a prefix in their name corresponding with the name of the officer rat it belonged to.
Example: Estamel's Modified Large Graviton Smartbomb

To break basic loot tables down to general rat types:

Gurista anything - basic T1 loot, named loot - regular belt rats
Dread Gurista anything - basic T1 loot, named loot, faction loot - rare faction spawns in belts
(Pithi) something (Overseer) - basic T1 loot, named loot, faction loot, deadspace loot - very rare complex or bonus mission room items
Estamel/Chelm/Draclira/... - as above + possibility of officer items - very, very rare spawns in belts, only in 0.0 systems with very low true security status

Taken from another forum I frequent; hopefully removed of anything considered opsec by them.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Module Types - an explanation
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »
Going off-topic again (I am on a roll today), but as I see Large Graviton Smartbomb I on your list on items to be mineralised (I hope that is a proper word) and as I have the smaller ones banked (or what ever the proper EVE term is for bank), would it at some point be possible for someone (or maybe there is one available already somewhere in ze interwebz?) to provide a list of stuff that would be best reprocessed and not clog up personal/corp bank with them?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
Going off-topic again (I am on a roll today), but as I see Large Graviton Smartbomb I on your list on items to be mineralised (I hope that is a proper word) and as I have the smaller ones banked (or what ever the proper EVE term is for bank), would it at some point be possible for someone (or maybe there is one available already somewhere in ze interwebz?) to provide a list of stuff that would be best reprocessed and not clog up personal/corp bank with them?

I think that most unnamed things sell for less than the minerals, but not all.
The difference might not be large so could be that it would be easier just to fry them.

Offline Jeremiah

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 06:11:02 PM »
To save time and marketing costs I usually fry everything less than a meta 4 item - after a while you get to know what to keep.  Also, when selling stuff it is a good idea to accumulate them into large piles and put up a sell order rather than selling them to the local buy orders.  Once you have good standings with a station and Scrapmetal IV skill you can put up your own buy orders for all the missioneers to sell to you when they have a clearout.