Poll

What type of corporate operating model should we use?

Capitalist
0 (0%)
Communist
0 (0%)
Communalist
8 (88.9%)
What? Eh? You pick guys ...
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 11, 2009, 12:58:27 PM

Author Topic: Corporate Operating Model  (Read 2020 times)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
Corporate Operating Model
« on: January 02, 2009, 12:58:27 PM »

A lot of this depends on how we take the corp in terms of operating model; there are a few ways of doing this:

1. Capitalist
2. Communist
3. Communalist

1. Capitalist - the corp runs an internal store selling ships at cost price to members. The corp has a set tax rate, but anything else is down to individuals and their wallets.
2. Communist - individuals have 0 wallets. Crazy concept, but the corp pays for everything, Everything is done out of Corporate Hangar Arrays and the corporate wallet. Large purchases are made by directors (i.e. nobody buys a chimera just 'cos they feel like it) - but everyone contributes and receives the reward of their contribution. 100% tax.
3. Communalist - individuals have wallets, tax rate is high-ish (40%+), corp gives away to members a bunch of stuff (T1 ships, modules, ammo, Liquid Nitrogen, Oxygen etc), all 'corp' expenses are picked up by the corp, T2 ships are often built and then sold internally at subsidy.

I prefer communalist, but I've played in all sorts of hybrids.
But in terms of general direction, I think we should focus on industrialist/logistics with a PVP presence. Being the guys who conquer systems and build capital ships is a great thing ... :)

Let's have a vote!

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Corporate Operating Model
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 01:37:46 PM »
I voted communalist, but I'm somewhere between communalist and capitalist really.

Main reason it that a high taxrate would for me feel unfair towards the people who acctually make huge piles of money (ie not me :) ) and would make it more difficult for them to pay for time with isk as they are currently.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2009, 02:15:23 PM »
Depends how rich we get as a corporation; note though that the 360M you need for a 30 day timecard probably won't come from a taxable activity (market transactions aren't taxed, only ratting is) - but if it does, at 40% it's the difference between 12h ratting and 20h ratting. Sure, it's substantial, but it's not ballbreaking. In exchange, you get free and cheap ships and limitless ammo/supplies - and the more expensive skillbooks (e.g. Capital Ship Construction) and components (Capital Ship Construction array) as we get to need them . Also note that means that 240M ISK's just gone to the corp to buy POS mods, blueprints, etc. If all 6 or 7 members managed to pay 200M a month in tax (which is pretty unlikely), that gives us a basic turnover of 1.4bn ISK, *before* we go try to sell anything.

That said, I'll leave the accounts to Beo, that's his area of expertise. But as I see it that cash is anything but wasted :)

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »
communalist has my vote.
Its important in the long run to make sure the corp is a viable and ongoing concern so a high tax rate will help support that especially in the early stages when there is such a huge 'set-up' cost for everything.
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 04:52:30 PM »
Comminalist - its how ive run my alts, so moving it to the greater community with all of you is easy enough for me.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 07:32:58 PM »
I am so indebted to you guys. Thanks a million for the starting millions !!!
So, feel free to pick a system :)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 10:20:37 PM »
Where is the anarchism-option?

guess option 4 is closest...
sorry but dont have an opinion on this at this moment, so i will hold onto my vote, maybe tomorrow is a better voteday...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 10:25:25 PM »
communalist is pretty much the way we do things at the mo without the tax rate that is ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)