Author Topic: Patch 1.0.5 notes  (Read 3094 times)

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
Patch 1.0.5 notes
« on: November 06, 2008, 11:23:43 AM »
http://vnboards.ign.com/Message.aspx?topic=109321363&brd=22997&replies=2

Folks,

Okay, here’s the first part of the 1.05 patch from us. The 1.05 patch is the anxiously awaited “Combat and Careers” patch. As I mentioned already, it is over 17 pages long and still growing and it includes, among other things, adjustments to every career in the game. Some careers got a special shot of extra-loving goodness and some careers also got some tough love as well as some goodness as well. We hope to post the full patch notes tomorrow morning but as we continue to conduct a final review of all the preliminary changes and the notes themselves, it might be held up a bit longer, but I certainly hope not. It is, by far, the largest WAR patch yet and is by its very nature, full of far-reaching and sweeping changes. Here are some of the highlights of the patch.

1)   We are pleased to announce the official opening of our Public Test Server. Similar to our Pendragon sever for DAoC, this server will be both open to all players but players will be able to copy (not transfer, your character remains on its server) their existing characters over to this server at anytime. This server will get the latest, but not final, version of the game and feedback from this server will be used in making any further adjustments to the version. We encourage all players who want to help in the development process to give it a shot. More information on the PTS will be posted on the Herald.

2)   Rally masters have been put at every Warcamp to make moving around the world a bit easier and faster. This is only the first part of some improvements we are making to the transportation system to cut down on the time that players have had to spend simply running back and forth between places. The next step will be to allow players to have multiple bind points.

3)   Players’ should be able to use the morale button abilities more effectively now. In other words, the darn thing should work every time.

4)   Many of the issues with spell/abilities animations not firing off/ending properly have been corrected. Hopefully we got all of the issues but only time will tell.

5)   An additional gold bag will be generated when a keep or fortress is taken.

6)   Morale abilities will now display their cooldowns correctly at all times. This is just one of many UI fixes.

7)   The "Ability Not Ready" message will no longer display when the remaining cooldown on an ability is less than or equal to the full global cooldown.

8)   Corrected an issue with the cooldown timers on the action bar buttons that was causing them to count down improperly. The timers will now count down in half-second increments beginning at 3 seconds remaining. See, I said there was more than 1 other UI fix. 

9)   Another “warhammer to the head” to those that try to AFK in scenarios and PQs.

10)   All classes have had some abilities buffed and some abilities have been debuffed a bit. For example, the Squig Herder has gotten 30+ adjustments to its abilities. Out of those 30+ adjustments, the phase “damage has been increased” shows up about 80% of the time. As part of this update, the team has looked at every career in the game and made adjustments. Things such as Electromagnet, Fire Cage and snares/roots in general have drawn particular attention from the team and have had numerous changes/fixes made to them. Of course, where major changes have occurred to the careers a free re-training has been offered. Tomorrow’s notes will detail all of the changes and considering that the career changes are about 14 out of those 17+ pages, I think you can say that we made a whole lot of changes.

So, hopefully tomorrow's 1.05 patch notes will put an end to the “Mythic doesn’t respond, doesn’t want to make changes” threads eh? Nah! 

Again, 1.05 is primarily the C&C patch, expect more other big patches coming as well over the next month or so. When you see the contents of the patch, I hope most of you, if not all of you, will see why we have been taking "baby steps" with C&C changes up to now.

Mark

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.0.5 notes
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 06:40:58 PM »

Order Torgal / Allein / Iapetus / Mellir / Ganymede
Destruction Stikklebrix / Mimas

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 09:02:06 PM »

OW, right in the grudges!
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 09:49:38 AM »
The detailed notes look pretty comprehensive - and apart from IB's looks fair.
The only main problem I see is healers having a tougher time keeping up.

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »
The only main problem I see is healers having a tougher time keeping up.

must-resist-urge-to-spew-vitriol

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 10:13:08 AM »
huh?

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 10:17:48 AM »
Let's just say I'm not impressed with these notes, and don't wanna turn this thread into a whine fest like the vn board / WHA.

EDIT : On a constructive note, I guess shadow warriors were the recipients of a good deal of buffing - are you happy with your lot?

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 10:27:21 AM »
Ah :)
While there are many other things I think people would like to see fixed - the general list of fixes and changes should make things more balanced.
It should help many classes level better and provide a richer class-mix at later tiers with time.

I look forward to trying 'em out should they implement an EU test server.

It looks like it's going to be a busy month - with the New Live Event, 1.0.5 and 1.1

Edit: Aye - so far the SW has been the hardest to level.  I don't understand the whining about SW's being over-powered - I guess it's because we often get in on the kill-shot and the target forgot about the serious dmg that got their HP down to crit from the MDPS.
Engi's get some nice lovin' also - looking forward to their changes - although to be honest - he's a serious cash-cow.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 10:32:15 AM by Rubino »

Offline Stephen

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »
Very unimpressed with the patch notes. These are my thoughts about the classes I know a little about.

IBs: got a huge nerf. Moves that used large amounts of grudge were never very popular anyway, but now they'll be almost completely useless. Rising Anger is now virtually mandatory for all builds.

SMs: got some small nerf and small buffs, but they fall even further behind BOs because BOs only got buffs.

SWs: got a lot of buffs of undefined size, I guess "wait and see" is in order. The change to assault stance is very welcome.

WEs: elixir of insane power is no longer an I-Win button against tanks on a 60s cooldown. Yay.

BWs/Sorcs: no change to combustion/dark magic which anyone with half a brain can see is far too powerful.

I worry for the future of WAR.
Daethoron - Swordmaster
Thordir - Ironbreaker

Offline Debaser

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 11:40:32 AM »
I have to say that generating grudge was a little easy, I was on 100 more times that not and certainly didn't have to worry too much about getting it generated. A change was certainly needed, though this might be a little much. At the very least it will require IBs to play better and focus more, I've hardly had to consider managing my APs with my IB up until now for example.

We'l have to wait and see, of course ^^
Debaser (IB) Omyi (WP)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 11:44:51 AM »
I have to say that generating grudge was a little easy, I was on 100 more times that not and certainly didn't have to worry too much about getting it generated. A change was certainly needed, though this might be a little much. At the very least it will require IBs to play better and focus more, I've hardly had to consider managing my APs with my IB up until now for example.

We'l have to wait and see, of course ^^

Aye - I don't play an IB but I asked how often IB's were at the 75%+ mark on the alliance forum.

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »
Just found this info on the Public Test Server: http://herald.warhammeronline.com/warherald/NewsArticle.war?id=434

In essence:
To access the Public Test Server, locate the new patcher: testpatch.exe in your main Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning directory. This file will be automatically downloaded when the Public Test Server is opened.

Simply run the testpatch.exe file to start the patcher. Just like the live game, it will download everything automatically, just click play and you're good to go!

And in theory:
All currently subscribed players will have the opportunity to experience and test everything that 1.0.5 has to offer, and most importantly provide us with their feedback and bug reports to make patch day even smoother when 1.0.5 arrives on live servers.

Offline vacuum

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
  • half man, half biscuit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »
OW, right in the grudges!

Ironbreaker

•   Shield of Reprisal: This ability will no longer knock down Unstoppable targets.

Bug - needed fixing.

•   Guarded Attack: This ability’s Oathfriend buff will no longer stack with other, more powerful Armor buffs.

This sucks.
•   Punishing Knock: Targets will now actually fall down after being hit by this ability.

No opinion, didn't use it.

•   Avenging the Debt: This ability’s damage has been increased.

No opinion, didn't use it.

•   The rate in which Grudge is lost has been changed. Grudge will now start decaying 10 seconds after you stop building Grudge. It will decay at 10 Grudge every second. This is the same mechanic that is used for the BWs. Grudge will still be gained at 5 Grudge per hit except in the case of more than 3 attackers all hitting the IB simultaneously in which case the Grudge gained will be slightly reduced.

Probably fair, will need to test it, it's not that hard to get to 100 grudge at the moment, in fact I don't even try - so am surprised when I'm not at 100 grudge. Will probably have to pay more attention

•   Oath Friend: The rate in which Grudge is generated has been changed. If the Ironbreaker is at 0-30 Grudge, the Ironbreaker will gain 5 Grudges every time the Oath Friend is attacked. If the Ironbreaker is at 31-60 Grudge, the Ironbreaker will gain 3 Grudges every time the Oath Friend is attacked. If the Ironbreaker is at 61-100 Grudge, the Ironbreaker will gain 1 Grudge every time the Oath Friend is attacked.

Not so sure about this one tbh. But again it was quite easy to get 100 grudge.

•   Oath Friend: The cooldown for this ability has been changed to 1.5 seconds.

Meh

•   Juggernaut: This ability is now available at Rank 12.

Meh

•   Guard: This ability should no longer attempt to work on players outside of your group.

Sucks for warbands.

•   Binding Grudge: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make consistent with other damage over time abilities.
Not sure if this is a nerf or an increase tbh.

•   Stone Breaker: This ability will no longer be considered a Blessing.

Bug

•   Inspiring Attack: The Strength and Willpower bonus from Inspiring Attack will no longer stack with the bonuses from other Ironbreakers. Players will only receive whichever bonus is most powerful.

This sucks.

•   Ironbreakers may now use Hammers.

Incoming slayer!!

Offline Torgal

• HoJ Members
  • Literati
  • Livin' in Hamsterdam
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »
•   Binding Grudge: The amount that stats contribute to the damage of this ability has been increased to make consistent with other damage over time abilities.

Not sure if this is a nerf or an increase tbh.

It's a buff. Essentially the co-efficient of the ability has been raised, so it'll do more damage with the same amount of (presumably) str than it did before.

•   Ironbreakers may now use Hammers.

Incoming slayer!!

My thoughts exactly :Q.... thought I just know someone's already made a toon called Gotrek >:D

"Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit"

Offline Stephen

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2008, 01:02:47 AM »
Some more changes:

http://vnboards.ign.com/warhammer_online_age_of_reckoning_general_board/b22997/109355195/p1/?106

Looks like they might have finally seen some sense with regards to combustion/dark magic. Although the ease with which BWs/sorcs can get to 100 combustion/dark magic by spamming their AOE could really do with looking at.
Daethoron - Swordmaster
Thordir - Ironbreaker