Author Topic: queues suck  (Read 6786 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
queues suck
« on: February 27, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »
Ive played many a game in my MMO time and NEVER had to q for a play session, so WTF is up with thes stoopid qs seriously. I try and play to relieve my hard earned hangover and see a 3 hour q before i can take my mind off how my head hurts and my stomach feels like i emptied a car battery into it last night :S

MAkes me a sad bunny
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: queues suck
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 05:30:04 PM »
Just dont become like the users of the official forum about it :)

Personally, im in two minds about them, as I always find something else to do while I wait (Lately its football/rubgy/piracy/making dinner :D), but I do think they should be able to lessen the queues by letting more folks in now as the initial rush is starting to spread out now across Freemarch and the subsequent zones - similar for Guardian too Id hope, which means that zones can be busy and not laggy which has to be their main reason for keeping folks in queues.

PS - Did you not play wow in Spring/Summer 2005? Queue heaven during EU prime...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 06:00:31 PM »
Im sorry guys , as much as i'd love to play the game with the old crew i just cannot cope with a 2 hour plus queue every %^&**@ time i try to log into the server. Im going to choose a newer server and remake my characters.  :'(
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 06:25:35 PM »
Logged in at noon local time, 2 minute queue. Didn't log off all day until a moment ago. Spent the day mostly crafting stuff, Fitzer is now quite a decent outfitter (can craft gear for much higher level than he is), while Takuur can craft some lowbie armour and Praedor some lowbie weapons.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 09:13:58 PM »
If you dont like ques set your alarm to 6 AM. Problem solved  :D

Ques suck yea, means i couldnt play the hour before i am off to work this weekend.  No ques when i got home around 8 am tho  ;)
But its to be expected for a new game when half the wow population is trying a new game. And it will probably get twice as bad on actual launch date and the week after as more and more people get their keys. Then it should get better over the next month or so as people get spread out so more slots can be opened, some people ragequits due to ques, others finds the game isnt their thing or the next content patch comes out in wow(ZA/ZG instances anyone?).
Also once you start getting ques it will only get worse as players are selfish asses that will do anything to get around it by finding ways to be afk but still online until they actually want to play rather than giving up their spot to someone else. Its Aion launch all over to me. There you could stay logged in by making a personal shop where you posted some crap item at a stupidly high price so nobody would buy it and then you would be kept online until servers were restarted or you logged off yourself. And still ques were gone after a month or so, maybe 2..
I just hope they open up for free transfers to new servers instead of just adding a ton of servers that needs merging later.

Personally ill be annoyed by the wait times sure, but i choose to have some faith that it will get better soon and just do something else while waiting. Next week i will be logging in either around lunch time or midnight anyways so hopefully the wait isnt too bad.

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 09:53:46 PM »
Logged in at noon local time
If you dont like ques set your alarm to 6 AM. Problem solved  :D

unfortunately im never home before 7pm UK time at the earliest and as i leave for work at 5 am a morning session is not possible. Im stuck with evening play time only and the smallest queue ive encountered on the chosen server was still over 2 hrs so still not practicable  :-[
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 11:37:13 AM »
EvE has no queues  :-\
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 04:10:54 PM »
Logging in now and theres only 40 before me in que. Estimated to 8 minutes. :)

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 04:54:46 PM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 07:39:03 PM »
EvE has no queues  :-\

THIS!! ;)

Unless you try to jump into a hub on the weekend. Or one of the login servers fails - why other MMOs dont have several login servers per cluster is beyond me as would mean a simple restart of the client to jump the queue, ala EVE :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2011, 11:26:56 AM »
Jst an FYI evening queues seem to be around 25mins or less now.  Logging on around 6pm usually has a shorter queue than 7, and by 9ish they seem to be totally gone :)