Author Topic: Thunder... Thunder... Thun... oh just click ffs  (Read 6283 times)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Thunder... Thunder... Thun... oh just click ffs
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 05:13:32 PM »
/bitter

There goes my childhood memories.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
I actually quite like the anime style and it seems to have more plot than I ever rememberthe original having!

Ho!

elv

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 02:13:36 PM »
having just watched the first 2 episodes, i didnt hate it as much as i wanted to

yes its very anime modern angst ridden tween fantastic, but its got a better story so far than i remember ;)

except for wiley kit/kats voices which annoy me very much
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 09:54:34 PM »
Watched them last night. Quite cool all things considered. Never got into Thundercats as a kid, so will enjoy this for what it is I think.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2011, 09:57:38 PM »
having watched episode 3 i must say apart from me hating the fish folk im liking it so far :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
if you havent watched this yet, why? its getting better all the time ;)

Offline elv

• Friends
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
what channel is it on / where you watching it or just downloading it?

laters elv

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 05:44:42 PM »
what channel is it on / where you watching it or just downloading it?

laters elv

Its on Cartoon Network on Fridays as far as i know but im DLing it when i can.

Last Fridays episode included seeing the forging of the Sword of Omens and the Thundercats arrival on 3rd Earth ;)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 06:04:47 PM »
Episode 7 was very, very cool.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 11:26:27 AM »
Watched 1-11 with the gf past few days. Quite entertaining.

Taken quite a few liberties compared to the original. And I find it's not very anime at all.

I like how they blacked up Panthro and turned him into a big gnarly dude.

BERBILS FTW!
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.