Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 18030 times)

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Game of Thrones
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 08:13:37 AM »
Fuck it. Can't sleep.

Yes the children are the future. I got that much from the books. And Ned getting his head chopped off couldn't have come any sooner. The idiot deserved to die. I think they should've strayed further from the books. The dialogue works in the books but when you take it and put it on a screen it just felt awkward. Like the first scene where we meet Father Lannister. Where he's butchering Santa's reindeer.. That entire scene felt misplaced and odd, and he didn't come off as a badass (which was the point) but rather a clown. They pushed the characters to hard into the "I'm a tough mother fucker!" to hard without any real meat on their bones. They are badass not because their actions says so. But because the makers put in a few scenes forcing the role on them.

I'm guessing the crippled kid will become a wizard, the tomboy a master swordsman/swordswoman hellbent on vengeance and she might learn some magic as well, Geoffrey (what an ugly kid!) will become a tyrant the likes which have never been seen before and throw tantrums every episode, Mother Stark will haunt the Lannisters with her throat and army.. Who am I missing? Cercei will be locked in her room and only brought out when Geoffrey need milk. Older daughter Stark will cry and whine some more with a case of Stockholm's Syndrome but eventually overcome it and see Geoffrey for the retard he is.

Yes Wheel of Time got a bit slow after the sixth or seventh book, Robert Jordan admitted that it didn't work out as he'd planned and got back on track towards the ninthish book. I've read the first eight or nine books about three times (havn't actually had time to read the post-Jordan's death 11th and 12th books yet). They're excellent. There are so many small details in them that when you first read them all they do is flesh out the world. But the second and third time around you start noticing those small things that tell you of future events. Little threads that keeps getting tugged on throughout the books until they blow up and turns into massive stuff. Jordan knew exactly where he wanted to take the books from the very beginning.
There are a few WoT projects in the pipeline. A game or two (one is rumoured to be a MMORPG) and a movie by Universal Pictures. I don't think a movie will do the books justice but a good game might. The world Jordan has built up is just amazing. There are so many details to it making every country, city, people and events come to life. It's one of four IPs I'd love to work with.
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 09:20:16 AM »
That's what I love about opinions.

I can safely ignore all but my own!  ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 09:22:51 AM »
That's what I love about opinions.

I can safely ignore all but my own!  ;)

spot on matey
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Spelmamma

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 12:01:42 PM »
I loved Game of Thrones. Trying to read the first one now but lack of time and interest (As it is very much like the series as far as I have read, I feel that I know those parts already) hasn't gotten me far into the book.

What is fun though, the lone Irishman, that is supposed to post an application for this group with us, (He's a lazy fat bastard that never gets his arse in gear) is actually an extra in GoT. The scene where Lady Stark is in the tavern and meets The Imp, you can actually see my friend in the background. :D

He was supposed to get a role in the new season as well. As a man getting a bj at the brothel. Sadly, he wasn't fat or ugly enough. (Which I find hard to believe) They eventually went with a much older guy. Oh well...

Looking forward to the next season though.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 01:03:21 PM »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2012, 05:37:47 PM »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 08:08:03 AM »
Started again!

Its awesome.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 09:14:32 PM »
Started again!

Its awesome.

its so not awesome

its FUCKING AWESOME

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2012, 03:23:11 PM »
Dutch boobies ftw.
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 09:42:35 AM »
Winter is coming!! so write like the wind George.

http://youtu.be/j7lp3RhzfgI

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 05:19:43 PM »
just about sums it up :)

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2012, 07:58:22 AM »
Epic music video is epic.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 03:04:42 PM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2012, 02:08:08 PM »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.