Author Topic: Politics Thread - What does the future hold?  (Read 17590 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Politics Thread - What does the future hold?
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 11:50:38 AM »
Probably - after all AAA are dead now and Init hold a HUGE chunk of AAA former space.

In other news:

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1400711

NoirDOT are giving CVA their space in Provi and stopping holding space themselves.  There is DRAMA involved ;)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 12:22:32 PM »
Wonder how it will affect init...
Given they are fairly small in numbers (even when including init mercs)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 09:58:48 AM »
A goon on another board I use for gamingy stuff wrote this:

the Deklein Coalition and friends (Goonswarm Federation, TEST, TNT, Wildly Inappropriate, etc.) have nearly completed construction of the z0rtal. The z0rtal is a jump bridge network leading from Deklein to Fountain via Cloud Ring. Prior to its inception, we had a trip of 20+ jumps one way along perma camped routes to go and shoot the terrible pets of IT. While bitter vets may look fondly upon their days of traveling dozens of jumps in the snow uphill both ways to shoot POS and get a nice pair of blueballs, spoiled newer players would rather have travel times reduced to something a bit less masochistic. As of this writing, the first station system in Fountain has been captured for the DC by way of a solid two weeks of raping IT pets, followed by the utter embarrassment of losing a roughly equal fight to Goonswarm in Euro prime, a timezone traditionally ruled by all the previous incarnations of IT.

Just what is it with PNQY-Y!! Its ALWAYS the entry point for takeovers of Fountain (PL hit there when they raped BRUCE way back and so did IT last year against PL and now the Goons against an IT pet...)

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/PNQY-Y

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 10:00:27 PM »
Fountain is on its way to being owned by TEST now.

However the latest big news is that IT Alliance is likely to disband this weekend.  Black Nova Corp is either leaving or itself disbanding this weekend (having already transferred ownership of its outposts to Tinfoil of IT), SirMolle was due to take an EVE break to emigrate to the US and has been offline much of the Fountain and Catch conflicts anyways, IT also lost several of their heavy hitter corps in recent weeks too - some of whom are now playing alongside drone russians and White Noise. The remaining corps could either dig into delve and make anyone coming over there pay to take space (and who wants it? Do Goons, just because? TEST? -A- and other russians as it would be nice to make more renter isk! or the NC stalwarts?) or as suggested elsewhere may fragment off to wherever they will be taken - some may follow FINFLEET & X13 into Raiden. though.

Over on SHC someone posted a thread along these lines, so I'll quote his OP here:

Now that it is quite clear that IT will fall, I'm interested to see what everyone thinks the aftermath will be.

Here's how I see the current situation

Goons/Test/Allies are strong in fountain. It's safe to say the region will fall to them.

Raiden has set themselves up in Detoroid. Given that we haven't seen a supercap shitstorm, it's probably safe to say they are aligned with the drone-allied Russians, but I honestly can't say for certain.

BNC went the way of the dodo.

DICE looks to potentially head their own direction.

RKK and EVOL will probably still stick together somewhere, but I'm honestly not sure how well they will survive this time. Last time, they had the pride of more or less going down swinging. This time, it looks like their morale is more or less completely crushed.

The other IT corps may stick with them because they are shit, but it's hard to say.

Sys-K I imagine in a similar such situation as the scrub IT corps.

-A- and their allies are going to roll through Querious largely unopposed.

Lower Stainwagon appears likely to roll through Period Basis in a similar manner.

Stainwagon in general seems to have secured the deep south

Evoke, NCdot, and CVA are the dominant peoples in providence, though Evoke seems to be on roadtrip in Geminate. It's hard to say much about providence beyond that.

The Drone region russians rival the NC in territory now, controlling everything from the NC to Omist. One can only imagine they are pretty seriously powerful now, though the final details on their relationship with the stainwagon group remails somewhat unclear.

PL is riding bikes in pure blind, engaged in regular combat with the eastern NC.

So, what is likely to happen? Who will take delve? What happens next? What major coalition/alliance dies this year?

To get us started, here's my thoughts.

Stainwagon takes delve. Test moves down in full to fountain. I think the NC will see taking Delve as a bit of an overextension, however the south has the renter model in place to truly take advantage of the region, and thus make a push for it.

The drone russians are opportunistic. They are going to wait and see what developments exist for them to take advantage of, but won't do anything themselves against a hardened opponent. The eastern NC has had it in for them for a while, but PL's interference and the western NC being down south has kept them from committing heavily to an invasion in that direction.

Unfortunately for them, IT dying will bring the west back up to push out PL. There's very little :smug: likes to do more than stepping on someone else's :smug:, and I feel like the goons have been waiting to stick it to PL a bit and get them away from their jewgold. Evoke's roadtrip will end in similar fashion.

If the NC is smart, they will make a big push for Etherium Reach and the rest of the dronelands. I don't think the NC really so much wants the space, but taking out the russians has to be their next big priority. A combined invasion by the whole NC would be hard to stop for the drone guys, even if Raiden. and WN. are there to help fight them off.

However, knowing the IT residents, those that survive are likely to make the best effort possible to kick in the teeth of the NC. I think you'll see a lot of them recognize their best shot at revenge bolt to the drone regions or far east. Even with IT in their current state, their corps in conjunction with the drone region powers would make a scary group that might be able to stand up to the NC.

This means that everything comes down to what Stainwagon wants to do. Striking at fountain to fight the NC could turn the fight in favor of the NC. Striking at White Noise in revenge would certainly swing things back in the other direction. Especially with PL in play, they have a lot of options - I don't think they could take either one of the other two coalitions alone, but they are powerful enough to make their lives miserable.

Then again, it's very hard to say any of that is accurate. All the people in control of space have a very large track record of being slow to act - the only reason I think any of this will happen is because the NC was /trying/ to invade the drone regions before PL shat in their Venal-cheerios.

Anyhow, poast your thoughts~

http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=38981

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 05:32:11 AM »
Hopefully it (the space) will go up in flames... Otherwise we will have 2 groups controlling all space in eve... Of course what are they to do with the billions upon billions of renter isk they make...

If -a- goes for querious wonder how much they will have of it and how much stainblock will demand.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:52:26 PM by peo »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
L

O

L

N

C

Been whelping against the DRF/PL/Raiden/NC./Merciless etc all month, loosing moons left and right, and now when H-W got assaulted, they went home after blueballing a PL fleet.  No good fc's log on anymore, their super pilots are all jumping ship or just not logging in, Goons and TEST looking to reset them as even they know the NC is done for, and hemorraging pi,lots left and right.  Its the fucking end times for the north!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2011, 11:23:17 AM »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2011, 11:26:24 AM »
PS the above is clickable.

And who'd have thunked it, the NC is full of racist douchebags who cant see the wood for the trees.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2011, 11:58:53 AM »
PL are getting 650B ISK a month to kick arse :) thast a shitload of isk, there must be RL money transactions going on there.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2011, 12:43:22 PM »
PL are getting 650B ISK a month to kick arse :) thast a shitload of isk, there must be RL money transactions going on there.

Its rumoured to be way less than that - but no one has leaked the Pl forums to confirm :(

Anyways, Goons reset most of the North bar the big 2 or 3 really.  Basically reset all the pets and bads and renters:

*** This was a broadcast from ivanova_denisovich to all, replies are not monitored ***
(3:36:45 AM) directorbot: Good evening, gentlegoons. As you may already know, the NC forces were not able to match the 120-supercapital blob (led by a coalition of vehement anti-blobbers and anti-bluers) in Tribute and so stood down rather than waste their fleets in suicidal gestures (this was the correct decision). The NC as a whole is likely to cease to exist after this engagement (whereupon seven or so full CSAAs will/have died), as key parties have Had Enough With All Of This Nonsense; as a result, there's nothing restraining me from resetting various 'NC Blues' who we don't actually have any relationship with. Going forward RAGE, BCA, OWN, Stella Polaris, United Front Alliance and Majesta Empire are all reset, as well as various 'bullshyt guests' such as Demon Hunters and god knows who else we can find to prune off the list. Violet entity, Cold Steel Alliance, Polar Splendour. Enough, enough!

Of course, we will remain blue to our core allies in Morsus Mihi and Razor, and our local partners in the Pure Blind region, as well as aiding them in the process of rebuilding after the difficulties of the past few days. Our debts to our friends in Morsus and Razor will not be forgotten; meanwhile, it's hard for me to figure out what we owe 'Cold Steel Alliance', or even who the hell they are.

*** This was a broadcast from themittani to all, replies are not monitored ***

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
RZR is loosing Branch and Tenal slowly but surely, Tribute is in flames (Morsus Mihi territory), and there are hundreds of jf's doing evac runs back to empire in any safe route they can find to jump through!

Ncdot is claiming stations in Tenal, Raiden looks to be too - and Branch.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2011, 11:01:45 PM »
Necrobump!

Just when null was getting stale - except for my Ganked roams lately :D - the major Russians reset each other:

The Official Statement from Legion of xXDEATHXx of the 8th of Dec 2011.

There will be a standings reset between Legion of Death and Solar Fleet right after downtime.

This tough decision came as a result of all diplomatic attempts, towards our old neighbour Solar Fleet, failed. Drone Regions are no longer the quiet corner of the universe - a war begins now. Not only the ingame war, but political and propaganda warfare: there are already articles on forums, there was a DDoS attack on our services for the past several hours, our Teamspeak, utilities and billing system.

Alliance Legion of Death is now mobilizing forces to fend off the aggressors and to protect what Drone Regions stood for since the begining.

These two are pretty much THE major russian players (Red is an odd one, as its rumoured they basically do what Goons say, but you know how rumours are), and are now at war, although I understand that White Noise holds most of the Supers in known space and they have very close ties to Solar Fleet. 

Should make my roam this weekend interesting as I was heading into Russian held space for a change ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 11:04:24 PM by Mangala »

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2011, 11:10:56 PM »
Necrobump!

Just when null was getting stale - except for my Ganked roams lately :D - the major Russians reset each other:

The Official Statement from Legion of xXDEATHXx of the 8th of Dec 2011.

There will be a standings reset between Legion of Death and Solar Fleet right after downtime.

This tough decision came as a result of all diplomatic attempts, towards our old neighbour Solar Fleet, failed. Drone Regions are no longer the quiet corner of the universe - a war begins now. Not only the ingame war, but political and propaganda warfare: there are already articles on forums, there was a DDoS attack on our services for the past several hours, our Teamspeak, utilities and billing system.

Alliance Legion of Death is now mobilizing forces to fend off the aggressors and to protect what Drone Regions stood for since the begining.

These two are pretty much THE major russian players (Red is an odd one, as its rumoured they basically do what Goons say, but you know how rumours are), and are now at war, although I understand that White Noise holds most of the Supers in known space and they have very close ties to Solar Fleet. 

Should make my roam this weekend interesting as I was heading into Russian held space for a change ;)

Cock dropped by a super fleet ;)

is what i smell
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2011, 11:12:12 PM »
Our dessies will rape :)

Seriously dessies are now awesome vessels of death!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, 11:13:04 PM »
Our dessies will rape :)

Seriously dessies are now awesome vessels of death!

you trying tier 3 dessie gang?