Author Topic: SWTOR Application/presentation  (Read 19408 times)

Offline Spelmamma

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
SWTOR Application/presentation
« on: December 08, 2011, 09:44:27 AM »
Hey guys!

Found you guys on Twitter, or was it the other way around?
Anyways, me and a couple of friends have been trying the SWTOR beta and are now ready to tackle "the real thing".  As we are a diverse bunch of ppl with different gaming "needs" we thought that it would be nice to find a guild to join.

Me, I'm an avid gamer, but sadly with a bit limited time on my hands. (Two kids, house and a hubby that works far away doesn't leave me with too much time) BUT I know, that I really want to play SWTOR and do so in the company of nice ppl.

I've played that horrid game called WoW for too long. (Kung fu panda made me cancel my sub for eternity.) I've played it hardcore, and I've played it casually.
I've played LOTRO (love it, but hard to play when you are alone), CoH, Rift, Aion, DnD... The list can be made loooong. Though in all that time, I haven't found anything that tickles my fancy as much as Swtor.

So, basically, I'm a casual gamer but I don't mind putting in a little extra effort if need be (and time permits it).

I'm a bit on the rp-side. (Pnp rpger for 20 years) But I am far from hardcore. What I'm after is FUN. Fun in the game and fun with friends. Usually sits with Vent or Skype when gaming, though I find it a bit harder to do so with Swtor, as I don't wanna miss the glorious voice acting!

Oh... Yeah. I'm too old to be playing games (Now now, you shouldn't ask a lady about her age!), I've got two kids, Elliot (7) and Erik (4), both heading for gaming addictions in early age. ;-) I am what you might call a ceritfied gamer girl that started gaming at an early age. (Pong is what got me hooked early in life)

Love laughing and singing and don't like bell peppers....

That's about it!

Questions? Ask away!

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: SWTOR Application/presentation
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 09:53:48 AM »
Pie or Cake?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 10:00:19 AM »
Pie or Cake?

And chose VERY carefully. This is important....

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :D

Don't mind Mang. The pastor said if we keep praying, he'll turn out alright. 

I'm the village idiot with suppressed bisexual tendencies.
And after this well meant welcome, you most likely shouldn't take anything I say seriously. Ever.

Having said that, this dislike of bell peppers is causing a great disturbance in the force.
Red bell peppers provide bucketloads more vitamin C than an orange does. They're terrific in an omelet.

And as long as you are prepared to acknowledge that my moobs > your boobs (proof), we're sweet. :D
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 10:08:21 AM »
You all worry me immensely.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 10:10:33 AM »
which PnP did/do you play?

Always judge a man woman by his PnP ;P

p.s. Goatey Peppers in an omelet are fantastix especially with a bit of bacon also.

*edited as i need to l2read ;) *
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:19:00 AM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »
You all worry me immensely.

There, there...

Always judge a man by his PnP ;P

Good thing she's a lady then.  :(

I tend to go for 5 eggs. One whole onion. Three peppers (red green and yellow). Garlic powder, black pepper, salt. Few bits of ham and few bits of smoked bacon. That's a hearty protein breakfast that will stock your immune system for the day and get all the right processes running in your body so it can handle the occasional bad food during the day. Add in a green smoothie with a head of lettuce, whole cucumber, banana, parsley and a superfood powder like acai and you'll be jumping around all day.

Oh and mamma lady person, thanks for taking the time to write an elaborate introduction post. :)
Do you like Eddie Izzard?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:16:28 AM by Goatboy »
Daikini of the House Goat, the First of His Name, The Unmilked, Queen of the Meadow, The Chickens and the Pigs, Queen of the Field, Nibbler of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Wub, Lady Regent of the Seven Barns, Breaker of Fences and Mother of Ducklings.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 10:33:43 AM »
You guys worry me immensely!

Welcome Spelmamma, I'm the guy frantically typing away behind that Twitter account, so nice to see you've found your way here.

If that bunch of loons hasn't scared you off, welcome to HoJ!

P.S. They're mostly harmless btw. Mostly.

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »
P.S. They're mostly harmless btw. Mostly.

Sweet! Finally got my disclaimer!

Offline Spelmamma

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 10:41:13 AM »
Wow!

You guys sure are a talkative (writeative?) bunch! Love it already!

Takes a LOT to scare this lady off. A lot...

Pie or cake? Uhm... I have to say... Pie? No no... Cake... GAH! Don't make me choose. Do hear they have cookies on the Dark Side though.

Caradir: When it comes to pnp I think I must say I'm a try-sexual. I try everything once. But there has been a lot of DnD, WoD and swedish pnp games (Mutant, Drakar och demoner) throughout the years.

Goatface, Moobs vs Boobs... I'm not too sure about that. I guess only time will tell, huh? I must admit though, haven't seen or heard much of Eddie Izzard. But I do hear that Eddie likes Eddie a lot. No?

Thanks for pointing the way here Kurtt! This sure seems like an irritating... I mean, intersting group. ;-)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »
Pie AND cake is a good enough answer if you ask me i likes both meaty and creamy fillings. (NO goatey nothing sexual there)

i was going to give you my thumbs up then you mentioned Kurtty's name ;)

Only kidding.

We are what we are.

When you say you had a couple of friends would they be wanting to join us also?
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Goatboy

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2011, 11:10:21 AM »
Man... :-X

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2011, 11:22:40 AM »
And I'm one of those friends. Every group of friends need a cynic, and that's me :)
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 11:23:09 AM »
And I'm one of those friends. Every group of friends need a cynic, and that's me :)

yey

another cynic ;)

more infos about yourself though got to be objective here :D

Offline universal_kalle

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 11:26:45 AM »

yey

another cynic ;)

more infos about yourself though got to be objective here :D

Coming up in another thread now. Unless you'd rather have me keep posting in here.
"Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but ugly is there for everyone to see", Kevin Gilbert (1966-1996)