Author Topic: Is it december yet?  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: Is it december yet?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 01:54:08 PM »
My guild is 1 person short  :-[

What was that, in a star wars game no one wants to be the villain as they always lose?

Nah it's because all of the kids are going Jedi, so less players for us to snap up  ;)

then recruit adults and not  imperial kiddies :P  ooooh i wanna be a badass Sith *sheesh* and remember tell George Lucas its Sidhe and has nowt to do with red skinned aliens :P
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 02:23:25 PM »
i'll be sure to do so next time I pop round his

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 03:30:24 PM »

What was that, in a star wars game no one wants to be the villain as they always lose?

Nah it's because all of the kids are going Jedi, so less players for us to snap up  ;)

Are you having a laugh? Loads more emo kiddies will be going Sith over Jedi.

All the best with those!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 03:36:10 PM »

thats what i said * kind of*

its what i meant anyways :D

Are you having a laugh? Loads more emo kiddies will be going Sith over Jedi.

All the best with those!
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »
Blizz may not be happy

This holidy season, another new competitor throws its hat into the ring to take on World of Warcraft. Star Wars: The Old Republic is getting set for a mid-December release, and analysts believe that the newcomer could take as many as 1.6 million players from World of Warcraft.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
Blizz may not be happy

This holidy season, another new competitor throws its hat into the ring to take on World of Warcraft. Star Wars: The Old Republic is getting set for a mid-December release, and analysts believe that the newcomer could take as many as 1.6 million players from World of Warcraft.

I'm not making any comments on how SWTOR will effect WoW, as it's been done before, with no real effect.

But SWTOR looks like it has the ability to corner a chunk of the market. As long as there's a healthy sub base in the next year, I'll be a happy bunny.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »
I dont see where they get the 1.6 mill number from.
What i picked up from an article about this was that 381 wow players were asked and 50% of them plan to buy swtor and 38% are interested in the game. WoW had lost 1.7 mill over the last year and then they believed 900k to 1.6 mill will leave for swtor... wut?
Either something was lost on translation or i am reading something wrong.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2011, 03:26:24 PM »
Tbh more good mmos on the market is the aim all gamers want.

However using the tired old wow-esque (which in itself was a rip off of other ideas) formulae may not be the way to do it.  Proof will be if swtor is flourishing in a year or if plans are a foot to f2p (then again this is EA, masters at fleecing people year in year out...) the game like many other ex-wow killers and so on.

Its a certainty that this game will pull in boatloads of people, but whether it has the staying power WoW did (without moving to F2P like other mmos do), is another matter.  How fast will the churn out content, how polished will it be after the initial release polish, how deeply into their own lore (within the EU) will bioware go/can go before Lucas goes nope and millions of voices cry out...

Anyway, why isnt it Friday yet?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 03:30:16 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2011, 03:39:31 PM »
Tbh more good mmos on the market is the aim all gamers want.

However using the tired old wow-esque (which in itself was a rip off of other ideas) formulae may not be the way to do it.  Proof will be if swtor is flourishing in a year or if plans are a foot to f2p (then again this is EA, masters at fleecing people year in year out...) the game like many other ex-wow killers and so on.

Its a certainty that this game will pull in boatloads of people, but whether it has the staying power WoW did (without moving to F2P like other mmos do), is another matter.  How fast will the churn out content, how polished will it be after the initial release polish, how deeply into their own lore (within the EU) will bioware go/can go before Lucas goes nope and millions of voices cry out...

Anyway, why isnt it Friday yet?

Lorewise not much has been written about the timeline the game is set, they cant fuck up lore the way SWG has ;) (anyways Lucas doesnt need help with the amount of retcon that passed into the many novels.)

p.s. Han shot first was the worst form of retcon ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2011, 06:43:51 PM »
tried to post countdown widget but wouldnt work so instead

26 days 5 hours or so ;)

heres the code if someone can get it working

<object width="210" height="210" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/misc/us-swtor-countdown-republic.swf"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/misc/us-swtor-countdown-republic.swf" width="210" height="210" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:49:42 PM by Caradir »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2011, 10:11:05 AM »
Thats for embedding in an actual webpage, not forum bbcode.

(I think it can be embedded in a widget on the frontpage however, I'll look at that later - after moar skyrim)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2011, 11:24:44 AM »

heres the code if someone can get it working

<object width="210" height="210" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/misc/us-swtor-countdown-republic.swf"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://assets-cloud.enjin.com/misc/us-swtor-countdown-republic.swf" width="210" height="210" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

And see:

http://handsofjustice.co.uk/gaming/

Working :)