Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim  (Read 31284 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2011, 04:13:17 PM »
Get some vampire dust, eat said dust. Then lolololol
invisibility?

Yeah, was brilliant.

(Im currently eating random stuff, im like a 2yr old!)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2011, 04:24:57 PM »

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »
At least baskets can be put on peoples head. Have yet to find a use for brooms..

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2011, 06:53:51 PM »
At least baskets can be put on peoples head. Have yet to find a use for brooms..

dragon suppository?

cant get rid of an arrow thats been stuck through my arm for many game days and an ice spike that a nasty mage cast at me is stuck through my body also.
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
  • i'm a bounty hunter, lol
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2011, 06:54:12 PM »
invisibility?

Yeah, was brilliant.

You done any of the alchemy stuff yet? Eating the stuff is good to find out what potions it'll make

Offline Bethor

• Friends
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2011, 09:42:37 PM »
Not liking the game so much, its just there isnt anything else to do (Although i do play a lot of the binding of isaac)
- the map is the size of a postage stamp.
- You got guys talking about going to the big city. Closest city was what 4 min on foot. for the love of god lazy bastard, walk
- you can only have 1 guy following you, and you cant decide what he/she should equip.
- as for exploring. there is no challenge, you practically trip over the different sites. its harder to walk from a to b without actually going to that new site
- the whole console interface sucks monkehballs
- leveling OMG im not 10 (mentally i am 11 and 11 does not equal 10)
- WHERE IS MY FUCKING CART
- all shops i run into have not enough gold for the crap i want to sell them
- where are all my exciting talking opportunities
- the average peasant there bitches more than i do

it does look ok though
LORD HELMET:  I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's
former roommate.

LONE STARR:  What's that make us?

LORD HELMET:  Absolutely nothing. Which is what you are
about to become. Prepare to die.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2011, 10:25:27 PM »
Not liking the game so much, its just there isnt anything else to do (Although i do play a lot of the binding of isaac)
- the map is the size of a postage stamp.
- You got guys talking about going to the big city. Closest city was what 4 min on foot. for the love of god lazy bastard, walk
- you can only have 1 guy following you, and you cant decide what he/she should equip.
- as for exploring. there is no challenge, you practically trip over the different sites. its harder to walk from a to b without actually going to that new site
- the whole console interface sucks monkehballs
- leveling OMG im not 10 (mentally i am 11 and 11 does not equal 10)
- WHERE IS MY FUCKING CART
- all shops i run into have not enough gold for the crap i want to sell them
- where are all my exciting talking opportunities
- the average peasant there bitches more than i do

it does look ok though

-Map small? really i think its HUGE, i mean it feels epic.
- country bumpkins always think anything is big
-dont play easy mode with a follower ;)
- turn off compass
- indeed it does lets hope for a PC friendly one, either official or modded will do thanks
-what? what? (do you mean no stats? thats my biggest gripe)
- Wheelwrights still working on it, until then suck it up and stop being a loot whore, or pick stamina at level up that increases your carry weight, or buy a house to store your crap in between dungeons.
- its called speech, as that improves so do shops cash and you will be able to invest in them to give them more cash.
- mostly in taverns or guild buildings, sometimes random scrubs want you to do shit, try using shouts in town thats fun.
- they are inthe middle of a civil war and Dragons are being reborn all around, wouldnt you bitch?

Yeah its OK looking blame the 5 year old console and not your newer PC GFX card. ( buit you have used the ini tweaks posted above to make it look better havent you?)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 10:27:13 PM by Caradir »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2011, 10:37:28 PM »
Gots me a house.

Time to get some wenches up in there!

Oh and 7000 steps to HH.  Brilliant touch with all the etchings along the way.  Has a feel of those religious places in this world stuck up bloody great hills too :D

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2011, 10:42:51 PM »
after a few restarts and reloads im still injured ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 10:45:19 PM »
Haha!

I finally got rid of an arrow id had lodged in my head for 20 of the 28hrs or so ive been playing this.

Oh and got me some dorf armour too, i r shineh golden warrior now :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2011, 11:49:06 PM »
yey me finally found first word of storm call shout ;)

beware ye dragons who fly away from me now.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2011, 09:04:18 AM »
That pic is awesome, Garry. Made me chuckle.

Pretty much done all of the Whiterun stuff apart from all of the Companions chain. I won't divulge in any spoilers, but i've just started and EPIC dark brotherhood quest line. Actually 'EPIC' doesn't cover it. Also just rolled up in Riften to do some city quests and have a look at the Thieves guild.

Offline Chug

• HoJ Members
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 15, 2011, 10:29:34 AM »
oh yeah, and you need to go to Riften and engage in a drinking game with a guy at the bar (at night i presume). the consequences are hilarious.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 15, 2011, 10:37:44 AM »
yeah Brotherhood chain is Epic as always ;)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #74 on: November 15, 2011, 06:00:32 PM »
invisibility?

Yeah, was brilliant.

You done any of the alchemy stuff yet? Eating the stuff is good to find out what potions it'll make

Nope, quite literally eating the stuff. My warrior isnt very bright.

Regards the crafting system.  This is how it should be in all those generic Diku-Mud mmos out there or soon to be out.  Rather than the copout easy routes those sorts of linear levelling games take.