Author Topic: Heroes of Newerth  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Heroes of Newerth
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:12:54 PM »
Anyone heard anything about this? Gamesradar are giving away Closed Beta Access keys for those that want to give it a try

http://www.gamesradar.com/f/heroes-of-newerth-closed-beta-key-giveaway/a-20090902155545211015

At the time of writing this there seem to be a few left - I've just got one.

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/

Not tried it yet, but it seems to be a Diablo/Warcraft (the original not the MMO!) clone - which isn't a bad thing!

« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:14:31 PM by Thuggy »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Heroes of Newerth
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 06:17:41 PM »
it seems like DOTA, just actually better.

Not got time to try for beta, but probably grab it on release as theres quite a following growing on an EVE board I use too - could be good for some multiplayer madness with folks from here too :)
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Thuggy

• HoJ Members
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Re: Heroes of Newerth
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 06:20:14 PM »
it seems like DOTA, just actually better.

Seems that they acknowledge that

1.   At S2, we're huge fans of DOTA, and were pained to see how it was being held back on the warcraft 3 engine. DOTA style gameplay deserves a stand alone game so competition can be taken to the next level. As a MOD, DOTA faces many obstacles and boundaries that a stand alone title like Heroes of Newerth does not.
   2. We also felt that the experience of playing and finding DOTA games online could use some drastic improvement. With HoN, there are many features and tools to make playing online (both with friends and by yourself) a much easier and more enjoyable experience. Your position as testers will help us perfect and fine tune these features, as well as allow us to see how they perform under various conditions.