Author Topic: So. I started again.  (Read 5341 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
So. I started again.
« on: June 11, 2010, 01:43:56 AM »
As some of you will know, I have picked WoW up as my 3rd MMO & the only one I'll actually pay money for (EVE I pay in ISk because I'm minted & Lotro I'm on a Founders) until such time as LOTRO releases paid-for expansions or Star Wars is released and it turns out to be an actual MMO.

Now I am not in ownership of the account that my old main (Pedesvir, Dwarf Warrior) is on, as I gave that away in 2007 to Shallow, and Ped has since had a sex and name change, and now works in a bar in downtown Pattaya ;)

I am however playing on an account I've been nursing on and off for a year and a half or so, and surprisingly the game is pretty fun, despite what i see as awful changes (to be whined about, dont worry about that!). I have characters on two servers - as I have said in this thread; For now I am concentrating on 5 of my stable of characters on Aszune - the DK, the Priest, the Shaman & two of the Warriors.  Im doing quite well with them, levelling professions as they level (or not in some cases - go go wonderful new experience halting feature!), doing a little BG (mainly to test my raid UI), and looking around for folks from my server to dungeon with (I refuse to use the LFD tool, I'd sooner do it old school or not at all) - which means I havent done a dungeon in the few days I have been playing.  

Going forward, my remaining unlevelled characters on Aszune are to be saved for Cataclysm (Im looking forward to seeing just HOW much they change the old world and if they improve it or break it CCP style) either as they are or as nameholders for new characters under the new class/race combinations they are giving existing races in Cataclysm.  Some of the characters will also be kept at various levels - most likely 60, 70, 80 and a few taken to cap.  The ones kept at old caps will be there to give me a way of fucking about in old content at the relevant levels without the characters out-leveling the content, even if its on my own ;)

Anyways, I am thinking of sticking them all into a guild of my creation - when I decide on a name (Do I go all nostalgic and choose Hands of Justice, or just plain HoJ, or HoJ Reloaded (Kenzoku/BoBR/IT stylee), or Secher Nbiw (Im reading Dune again), or something else but still related to us here or something random ie Fate always wins, or Heroes & Villians, or Lazy ;)) that is. I have found myself unable over the years to be happy taking direction from others and so have this "need" to be the guy at the top, the one out front, so having a guild again is just me massaging my ego :D

If anyone wants to roll an alt on Aszune or just pop and say hi, then Im trying to spend a couple of hours a day on my characters tooling about doing stuff, theres no pressure of course, but company at various levels (NO BOOSTS - they suck) is appreciated.

To those who worry Im going to wander away from EVE, Im there for the long term - I have so much to accomplish there (my own set of Achievements if you will) that I cant leave and I can play both WoW and EVE at the same time on this rig; Lotro, I want to see if FREE to Play brings in more folks, and if so maybe try my hand at rebuilding HoJ there and playing it through, and as for other games, well we have a Steam group and I'd love to play with you folks there too!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:47:49 AM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: So. I started again.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 06:15:18 AM »
i can roll an alt and join you with whatever you call the guild though some of the choices will certainly get you noticed. ;)

as i am in a holding pattern with bd at the moment and i dont raid too much in synchronicity i have time to level something else just let me know if there is a class you will need a caster would be best. :)

as a fair few in synch have chars in other guilds theres not conflict of interests.

ok started a pala so can fill different roles will even try healing if ppl dont mind dying :)

name macie lvl 3 so far go me.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:42:34 AM by Keggi »

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:00:53 AM »
This is Alliance side, right?

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 09:09:14 AM »

it will be yes

Just go with Hands of Justice thats who we are :D
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:33:58 AM »

Aye, Alliance is were I feel happiest - Horde have some good content, but Alliance is were I started way back and its were my loyalties lie.

As for choosing an inconspicous name, I am not too bothered about being noticed now - otherwise I wouldnt have outed myself on here ;)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 09:39:50 AM »
HoJ

HoJ

HoJ

HoJ

HoJ

HoJ

you get my drift ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: So. HoJ Rises once again....
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 11:01:23 AM »
Hands of Justice it is.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:29:46 PM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 12:02:23 PM »
Need 5 more sigs...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 12:10:30 PM »
3 more sigs...

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 12:17:16 PM »
I'll get home from work in 4 hours, if you still need signatures then, I can provide two then (one from my account, the other from the kids account).

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 12:24:54 PM »
Done :D

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »
I'll get home from work in 4 hours, if you still need signatures then, I can provide two then (one from my account, the other from the kids account).

All taken care of!  However feel free to pop over and say Hi :)

And thanks for the offer, it would have been very appreciated.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 02:55:07 PM by Mangala »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »
3 years and we're back :)

Good way to celebrate being a tad over 5 years old.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 12:48:22 PM by Mangala »

Offline Kathras

• MAADI
  • Literati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 10:52:50 PM »
I recently started playing again with my girl.  Were running four alliance characters on the Baelgun US host.  Is Aszune ocieanic ( or whatever they call it )?   
"Uncompromising men are easy to admire." - fictional character

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 11:03:07 PM »
Aszune is EU.