Author Topic: Bacon. I has none.  (Read 8850 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Bacon. I has none.
« on: November 25, 2008, 10:51:16 AM »

Or Sausages. Or Bread. Or Mushrooms.

But I cannot be bothered going shopping...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Bacon. I has none.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 11:03:07 AM »
Thanks Beo, this topic has convinced me to stop slacking (4 hours now) and start working on the presentation i have to hold tomorrow   :-\
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 11:06:17 AM »
Thanks Beo, this topic has convinced me to stop slacking (4 hours now) and start working on the presentation i have to hold tomorrow   :-\

Unlucky :)

My day - when I get breakfast out of the way, not looking hopeful when I am lacking ingredients - is basically read and read and read all the stuff I can about the UK Chancellors PBR and how it affects me as a small businessman, play some WAR, EVE and LOTRO (have time to look at this new expansion!) and generally chill out - oh and look at new toys to buy when VAT is cut on Monday!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 01:38:23 PM »
NO BACON OMG

really are you that bored to tell us this ;)

being surrounded by farms (although houses have been breeding in the area) never an issue with me , nice fresh bacon ;)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 02:57:20 PM »
I too live in the country, but had no energy to actually go shopping.

I rectified that and now am fed.

And yes I was that bored - the PreBudget Report does that to a man!

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 04:38:29 PM »
Pre- budgZzzzzzzz   sorry lost me there ;)   glad i dont deal with that boring crap anymore, the only thing more dull in one of my many previous lives was dealing with Ticket percentages on bonds :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 12:09:17 AM »
Mumm - bacon!  Been many years since I had some - hard to get here.

The only decent export I can find is decent chedder

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 12:31:18 AM »
couldnt imagine life without bacon

hangover food bacon butties and irn-bru :) makes you feel all good

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 01:31:18 AM »
*growls* ;)

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 11:05:24 AM »
Bacon and sliced onion on the frying pan. Add in some crème fraîche. Toast some bread, take one slice and add on the bacon-onion-creme mix, add on top another slice of bread.

:drool:

A pint of ale along would make it a double-drool...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 11:23:46 AM »
English haute cuisine ftw   :D
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 11:50:16 AM »
bacon,egg and mushrooms between two slices of bread with either brown or tomato sauce cant be beat. :)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 12:49:27 PM »
English haute cuisine ftw   :D
[/quote

We is a simple folk (wait im not English) :)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 05:41:34 PM »
Bump because XKCD is the win:

Offline Mangala

• Administrator