Author Topic: Masive Email phishing  (Read 1552 times)

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Masive Email phishing
« on: October 08, 2009, 01:52:36 PM »
seems to have hit gmail, yahoo, hotmail and AOL, cant believe this happened 2 days ago and i didnt see it only found it when looking as to why i cant access my AOL mail

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8292299.stm
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Masive Email phishing
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 02:05:44 PM »
Self-replicating too - its coming to get us*

*Us being people who click on "obvious-to-internetwise-folk" links rather than the actual Us of clever folks who arent that retarded.

I take it AOL has shut down their emal access compl... wait, you have had AOL at some stage?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
Re: Masive Email phishing
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 02:08:01 PM »
seems all they did was reset their cookies etc cleared cache and deleted cookies working now

and yes i did used to use AOL before they sold out to failphone whorehouse
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)