Author Topic: Port Robinson (KASEI Tower)  (Read 2250 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Port Robinson (KASEI Tower)
« on: January 01, 2009, 06:05:02 PM »
The POS Tower is now setup. To see it warp from the Anttiri station to the actual Planet V - Moon 6 and then head in from there towards the POS. 

It has 2 labs attached at this stage. I may add an advanced lab in addition to anchoring some defence modules but keeping them offline until such time as KASEI ever gets 'decced.

The labs give us a total of:

6 Materials Efficiency Slots
6 Time Efficiency Slots
2 Copy Slots

« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 08:22:40 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
Re: Port Robinson (KASEI Tower)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2009, 07:39:13 PM »
grats!

Wii Console: 8123-9969-5753-1865

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 07:42:23 PM »
already visited and tagged.  ;D
Where can i get one of those forcefields for my Rokh? a 17 km range from the station. yum yum.  
Ok first of the silly question.

1. Will we have to be member of the corp to visit it or will you be dishing out the password for the FF to all of us in the corp?
2. Will we be able to log off our ships in space but within the forcefield and come back to find them still there? (i.e. is it a safe haven or does that only apply to those capital ships that are too big to dock).
3. Do you require anything from us at this stage? (i.e. WOuld you like us to collect materials for fuel for it? and if so what mats would you like?)

just a couple of starters off the top of my head. More shall be forthcoming when ive had a chance to read up on POS and inwardly digest its impact/uses.  ::)
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2009, 08:20:45 PM »
wth, that looks so cool!
film finishes in about 1-2 hours, will certainly check it out after that!
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 08:21:05 PM »
1. Will we have to be member of the corp to visit it or will you be dishing out the password for the FF to all of us in the corp?
I shall pass out the forcefield pass to people, not willy-nilly and not via a thread on here :)

2. Will we be able to log off our ships in space but within the forcefield and come back to find them still there? (i.e. is it a safe haven or does that only apply to those capital ships that are too big to dock).
Yes you can do that with ships (However I'll leave this for Vac & Rub to confirm)

3. Do you require anything from us at this stage? (i.e. WOuld you like us to collect materials for fuel for it? and if so what mats would you like?)
Currently okay for everything between Rub's assistance and some cash donations to KASEI's wallet we have enough fuel materials for at least 12 weeks.  However should you wish to provide anything to the tower, then the following would be appreciated (I'll work on a remuneration scale eventually, so for now I'll consider things a donation in lieu of keeping research and copying free of charge!):

Enriched Uranium;
Mechanical Parts;
Robotics;
Oxygen;
Coolant;

(All of which can drop from mission & deadspace silos)

Those of you with miners might like to head towards being able to mine ice (Specifically the glaze's found in Ice Belts in Caldari space). These breakdown into:

Nitrogen Isotopes;
Heavy Water;
Liquid Ozone;
Strontium (Cant spell this last bit so sod it!)

Which are the things we use larger amounts of for the tower.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 08:23:20 PM by Mangala »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2009, 11:16:50 PM »
Took some searching before I found where to research; selecting corporation installations. Now have 5 jobs running time efficiency, as i haven't learned metallurgy yet (so not so fast ME-research).
Getting the PEs to 20. Hope that's goodish. Merlin and Rifter take 17 days or so, so we'll have to miss those BPOs some time, but faster building later. Other 3 slots are dedicated to ammo atm, which takes < 1 day.

Was wondering: is there a max to max levels of PE and ME (or maybe a combined max? (f.e. ME + PE =/< 50). If so, 20 may be too high for PE.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 01:58:15 AM »
Yes you can do that with ships (However I'll leave this for Vac & Rub to confirm)

Generally you should dump your ship in the corp hanger at the pos (assuming you have rights).
Otherwise the general approach is to fly into the POS and stop somewhere away from the hanger (too close and it stops the hanger being used by others) and then leave ship (so you end up in your POD) - then logoff.  On logoff you'll warp to somewhere random. On returning you'll warp back and need to enter the starbase password to enter the shields again before returning to your ship.
If you do this don't leave your ship close to the edge of the POS shields - there used to be ways to bounce around and steal ships.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 05:15:56 AM »
Did look *very* nice indeed :)  When I visited the POS it didn't still have the shield, so I was orbiting at 500m :) Sadly took no pics though...

Btw, did I understand right from the NEWB chat, that it is not wise to warp to 0 now that the shield is up?

Offline Rubino

• Friends
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 09:16:36 AM »
If you warp to 0 and you've not set the starbase password correctly you'll bounce off the sheilds.  How far depends.... ;)