Author Topic: Empire Building PC games  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Empire Building PC games
« on: June 29, 2009, 11:36:24 AM »
Give me a list please :D

I've found myself pulling out such classics as Civ 3 and 4, MTW2 and that just isnt enough, i want more!
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
Re: Empire Building PC games
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 11:43:14 AM »
AoE2? more a RTS though...
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Macrune

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 12:21:16 PM »
1.    Age of Empires 2 & 3  (prefer 2 personally)
2.    Hearts of Iron 2 (im awaiting HoI3 with great anticipation. comes out early august i believe).
3.    Europa Universalis 3  ( i have it but have never really got on with it. No particular reason why, it just didnt click the right buttons)
4.    Empire Earth 2 & gold edition
5.    Knights of honor.
6.    Civ II
8.    Caesar II
9.    Settlers I , II & III etc
10.  Populous
11.  Starcraft

and many many others  that i have played over the years and forgotten  ::)

Oh and the not so empire but good anyway... Command and Conquer series.  loved em when they first came out.  ;D
A married man should forget his mistakes.  There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!
Eagles may soar but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines!

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:23:58 PM »
Total Annihilation! (the robot version, the medieval version sucks iirc)

Also: Earth 2140 and 2150
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:17:29 AM by Warcold »
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 01:23:33 PM »
Rise of nations (especially with the THrones and Patriots add on)

Rise of legends (the fantasy version ;)   )

Master of Orion 2 (lost weeks to that one)

will think about more
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 02:08:24 PM »
Not sure if Dominions 3 is your cup of tea, but it is a damn marvelous game still. Doesn't have much eye-candy, but it is *the* 4X game, the game that make all other 4X games pale.

Europa Universalis:Rome with Vae Victis (or EU:Rome Gold as the combined package is called) is also quite fun if you like a more character driven empire building game.

And then there is good old Crusader Kings which is not really an empire building game but a family building game (you sort of accidently build up an empire when trying to make your family as prestigeous as possible).

Offline Pashur

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 08:01:43 AM »
My all time favourite space 4x game is Stars!. You may still find it cheap on the net.
I played quite a lot of Space Empires IV and I see now that a version V i available.

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:07:44 AM »
Space Empires V firgot about that one :) needs mods but is awesome
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 05:24:18 PM »

Anyone played Sins of a Solar Empire?  Seems I can get it to run on the laptop if I decide to get it - could be just the game for long as journeys with my lappy while im away.

Looks pretty good - even if it is realtime rather than turnbased.
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »
its not bad ok to use up a few hours.

cant say much more than that im afraid :)