Author Topic: Cataclysm Thread  (Read 38304 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Cataclysm Thread
« on: June 02, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »
Speculation and solid info here.

Real Site:  http://www.wow-europe.com/cataclysm/index.html

New "old" world, revamped and changed.  Making the 1-50 experience more like the questing in Wotlk - phasing and so on.  Redisgned to allow for flying too - please dont make it a gold sink given your shitty server lolconomies ActiBlizz.  New thing called Path of the Titans (feels like a wierd sort of EQ's AA system?), new races - meh imo.  More class choices for existing races, which is good - sort of.

Hoping for the LFD system to have a selector system added - server or battlegroup, rather than just battlegroup it is now (am I right on the last bit?), as Id sooner play with scrubs or 'bads from my servers, than those who I cant ignore everafter :D

So any more info, pictures, speculation you all have to add?
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 02:59:33 PM »
well cold weather flying cost 1k gold so im thinking a big hit to the pocket to fly over the old world. :'(

not sure on the LFD thing you get lots of idiots whichever battlegroup server they are on.

at the moment it is really easy to get viable gear just run enough heroics get emblems trade for gear never thought i would say this but it is possibly too easy.

but it helps people like me that dont theory craft at all and just like to log in and play i stole my spec/enchants/gems from looking at cath and fians spec and gear on amoury  ;)

take a look at sedrick's weps on armoury couple of nice 2h's (sedrick is alanthegreat and is raid leader on his pala ganner)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 03:41:32 PM by Keggi »

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 06:28:56 PM »
Think some blue mentioned they were thinking about adding a flying skill that gets all your flying mounts to 310% speed so that you can keep using your favorite one and not just the fastest one.

A server only LFD leads to one thing. Longer ques and unless its changed you can still get ignored people in your group as it seems to try and put you in groups of non ignored people but will group you with them if there are nothing else aviable.
You can ignore people cross server. Either by right clicking them after they say something in chat or by adding "- Server name" after their name when typing in ignore tab.

The emblem system as it is i like and dislike. Its quite easy to get gear so you got lots of idiots with nice gear, but it lets people catch up as the lootlevel of raids increase wich means you dont need to run older raids to gear up new people. I do hope they get rid of this shit called weekly raidquests and do random daily get current top emblem as it just brings in "high end raiders" that feel they are gods gift to the pugs, blizz are FORCING them to do randoms(really if they are top end they can just raid and get enough emblems that way) and the pug should get trough as fast as possible for them to get their 2 emblems. Then again i think there was some limit to how much emblems you get per week comming so it might not be a problem...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 06:37:40 PM »
Hate to digress my own thread, but is it possible to gear up to a decent standard without this emblem bullshit?  (I never liked badges even when I ran the good, hard heroics - before they eased up on them for the 'bads and the scrubs.. ;D )

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »
think the emblem stuff is tier9 with tier10 being the end game raid stuff icc10/25 but all the instances drop decent gear even some crafted gear is top notch i use a crafted chest and wrist and the chest is comparable to t10 or so cath tells me.

dont know if the gear you would get from drops would be good enough to raid icc 10/25 with but anything else you should be able to do.

do you notice i use the term *i think* alot thats because i dont look too far into something that is a game and meant to be fun:)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:49:39 PM by Keggi »

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 06:51:12 PM »

The emblem system as it is i like and dislike. Its quite easy to get gear so you got lots of idiots with nice gear, but it lets people catch up as the lootlevel of raids increase wich means you dont need to run older raids to gear up new people.

Should be a necessity imo - find a way to build them in as an attunement to the current tier ie x boss must die before you get to enter next instance on release etc; or make each early boss of a new tier of dungeon use mechanics that you would have learned on the final boss of the last tier and so on? 

Anything to wean the scrubs and the terribads away from my playtime :)  Although Im quite good at doing that myself.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 06:51:52 PM »
think the emblem stuff is tier9 with tier10 being the end game raid stuff icc10/25 but all the instances drop decent gear even some crafted gear is top notch i use a crafted chest and wrist and the chest is comparable to t10 or so cath tells me.

dont know if the gear you would get from drops would be good enough to raid icc 10/25 with but anything else you should be able to do.

do you notice i use the term *i think* alot thats because i dont look too far into something that is a game and meant to be fun:)

Thanks matey - all info is good info for me.

I dont mind you saying "i think", ive always been a theorycrafter type. Tanks usually are.

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 07:00:34 AM »
It will be probably be possible to gear up for raids only by drops, but you'll make it much harder (and slower) on yourself.

Allow me to explain:
While running heroics to gear up, you'll end up with a shedload of (triumph) badges anyway - every boss drops one on heroic. For about 120 of these badges you can buy an (unupgraded) 4-piece Tier-9 kit. That will provide you with a well itemized set and excellent setbonuses. There should also be 1 or 2 crafted items that are of similar quality, but these will require a few items (Crusader orbs probably, or runed orbs) which you can also buy for badges.

While getting these 6 items together, you'll also have gathered a decent amount of the higher level (frost) badges, since the first random dungeon (by using the dungeon tool) gives you two of these for free.
By this time these should allow you to buy your 7th item already.

...And then you're almost kitted out already. I don't particularly like the badge system either, but dayum, it's fast to get geared up nowadays by using it.

My advice - run with it. Badgers will rule the world! (of warcraft)

"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.

Offline Dlarah

• MAADI
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 08:56:07 AM »
Heroic icc 5-mans drop ilvl 232 gear wich is the same as the t9 stuff you can get with triumphs. You could upgrade most of your stuff this way only but some of the triumph stuff and setbonuses are too nice to give up. :)
The only way to get t9 and 10 is actually to first buy the lowest itemlevel of each tier(232 t9 and 251 t10) with emblems and then you can upgrade with tokens dropping from bosses on 25-man and heroic versions of raids.

The triumph stuff and heroic icc 5-mans is mostly of Totc 10-man level on gear wich is what you would have geared up on before icc raids were out. I recently geared up my hunter and it is now missing only 232 boots from heroic halls of reflection(nearly 20 runs and didnt even see them drop) and according to be.imba.hu it got more than good enough gear for ICC 10. And i didnt even start buying t10 with frost or had any luck on t10 from vault of archavon.

Attunements are meh and i think any raiding guild can tell you how much they "loved" to revisit old instances as their regular raiders quit and they had to attune and gear up new people.
A guild level attunement would be something else tho and it might be possible with the new guild level thingy they are comming up with.

Oh actually... seeing as theres new 5-mans for every raid they add now i guess you could have something in the line of kill every boss on heroic for these instances and the bosses in the 5-mans will have mechanics used in raids to warm people up.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 09:06:21 AM »
Attunements are meh and i think any raiding guild can tell you how much they "loved" to revisit old instances as their regular raiders quit and they had to attune and gear up new people.
A guild level attunement would be something else tho and it might be possible with the new guild level thingy they are comming up with.

Oh actually... seeing as theres new 5-mans for every raid they add now i guess you could have something in the line of kill every boss on heroic for these instances and the bosses in the 5-mans will have mechanics used in raids to warm people up.

I can tell you the same when it comes to old world attunements - the old HoJ did have some people that made it hard work, when they were easy ;)

As for a guild wide attunement, I like the idea - and the one you finish with, which is where I was heading with my idea too as that way even the bad's and scrubs may learn new shit :)

Anyways suffice to say, im interested in playing again as my 3rd MMO, however I will be finding ways to play on terms not blizzards and certainly not its communities (too many idiots in the 5million (I discount the chinese here).

Back on Cata itself, image stream of Cata stuff:  http://www.worldofraids.com/gallery/image/60-gates-of-mulgore/?s=dad534f181eeea5904b3a36007b2c7ca

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 09:11:58 AM »
Back on Cata itself, image stream of Cata stuff:  http://www.worldofraids.com/gallery/image/60-gates-of-mulgore/?s=dad534f181eeea5904b3a36007b2c7ca
A female Goblin with lipstick??  ::)
You might even call her pretty (if she's the only female in the bar at 2 am)  ???
Bit meh...

The world looks very pretty though. I would deffo start playing WoW if I didnt know how addictive it is (timesink) and if I had the money to sub 2 games.
Besides, all this gear-talk above makes my head spin.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 09:12:51 AM »

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 09:16:43 AM »
A snake!!

'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 10:38:49 AM »
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 10:54:15 AM »
God, I hope that snake is photoshopped.

An idea to play with (more/only) non-idiots: On Lightbringer, we have a channel, originally started as a channel for non-guilded alts to hang out in.
It's turned into a kind of public channel shared by people from 4-5 guilds (not entire guilds, just the people that want to hang out there)
Many times, we arrange runs there, or people ask for others to join their pugs. That way you'll know at least some of your teammates won't be pug/suck-tastic. ;)
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.