Author Topic: If you got a GM item in the post by a possible accident...  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
If you got a GM item in the post by a possible accident...
« on: April 30, 2009, 03:44:25 PM »
... would you abuse it?

http://www.wowinsider.com/2009/04/29/player-receives-developer-item-in-the-mail-one-shots-ulduar

This guy and his guild did and the all got totally banned, even guildies not online when it was seemingly used...
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Caradir

• HoJ Members
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
    • View Profile
Re: If you got a GM item in the post by a possible accident...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 04:00:37 PM »
i personally wouldnt abuse it as it sobviously not meant for players and as such deemed an exploit, as to banning everyone in guild thats just silliness.

Having ,in a past life, losing a job due to me NOT revealing that someone was stealing (not me btw) and taking them to the cleaners for it i assume that is the reasoning behind this, i.e. guildies must have known so are guilty by assosciation.

but its WOW so i dont care :)
"Banking was conceived in iniquity and was born in sin. The bankers own the earth. Take it away from them, but leave them the power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough deposits to buy it back again. However, take away from them the power to create money and all the great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for this would be a happier and better world to live in. But, if you wish to remain the slaves of bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, let them continue to create money." Josiah Stamp (Governor Bank of England 1928-41)

Offline Gunnarr

• Friends
  • Cogniscenti
    • View Profile
Re: If you got a GM item in the post by a possible accident...
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 06:16:42 AM »
It's not as bad as it says here, everyone in guild got a 24h timeout. Probably to let them sort it out.
Personally, I'd have used it (once?) in pvp. Look for a chokepoint with as many hordies as possible and drop a nuke. THEN report it.  ;D
"There is no Planet B." (Seen on a banner at Copenhagen)
Quoted for brilliance.