Author Topic: Don't panic! (We're going to war :)  (Read 4864 times)

Offline cmaxx

• MAADI
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
Don't panic! (We're going to war :)
« on: March 04, 2010, 10:39:28 PM »
PWNED something-or-other have war-dec'd us.  Goes hot Fri evening.

Happy happy joy joy.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • League of Extraordinary Gentleman
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
Re: Don't panic! (We're going to war :)
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 03:41:12 AM »
"May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places you must walk."

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 03:49:56 AM »
These guys?

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/SOUL_CARTEL/corporations

If so lol.

Not them.  Pwned Factor - cant even find them on dotlan though.  Ingame it says they are a corp of 18 guys, not sure if they were/are in an alliance as I didnt check that.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 03:58:51 AM »
Go go eve-kill.net:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=corp_detail&crp_id=80648

lol.

Single corp in no alliance.  from other searches they seem like a VERY new corp, with vet or two thrown in for good measure.

Not sure ops areas for them - although with offices in amarr they seem more like an empire bunch,  basically just warn people to watch themselves in empire hubs/main transit routes.

Offline Ferrosol

• Friends
  • Lurkers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 04:25:10 PM »
Go go eve-kill.net:

lol.

Single corp in no alliance.  from other searches they seem like a VERY new corp, with vet or two thrown in for good measure.

Not sure ops areas for them - although with offices in amarr they seem more like an empire bunch,  basically just warn people to watch themselves in empire hubs/main transit routes.

From what people were saying last night in the alliance fleet they are the scummier end of people like EVE University and Agony. They train pirates and other unsavoury types. Although that said if they blob up they can still be a threat and well based on the aborted fleet op last night they are better equipped than us (frigs and cruisers vs Hacs and BCs)
Eve Online: Sybil Tanitha
Eve Online Jennifer Ammant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
Terry Pratchett, Jingo

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 05:16:59 PM »
Go go eve-kill.net:

lol.

From what people were saying last night in the alliance fleet they are the scummier end of people like EVE University and Agony. They train pirates and other unsavoury types. Although that said if they blob up they can still be a threat and well based on the aborted fleet op last night they are better equipped than us (frigs and cruisers vs Hacs and BCs)

Equipment has more to do with that people in BC in general are poor and won't risk assets in pvp. If the aggressors are in hacs-bc then we should aim at bc's. They are fairly cheep, everyone should be able to afford them and they are insurable. (if you can't be in a hac that is)

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 05:21:02 AM »
^^

What he said.

Gang up in BC's if people cannot afford T2 ships. A well fc'd and nonstupid group of pilots in bc's can do damn well against quite a variety of ships. They are much versatile than alot of people presume (especially bears who excepting draek and maybe 'cane pilots, tend to shot through the class on the way to BS's), hell you can even fit tackle and ewar to them (draeks work well for this and still dont compromise tank too much now that rigs are super cheap).

I'd second the thing about the alliance's pilots, income and wherewithal to generate it does seem to be an issue, as well as from a near outsider pov on my part that alot of the pilots are 'bears and dont want to risk too much even if they do have isk to throw at pvp on a semi-regular basis.

Anyways about these guys who decced the alliance, any idea on their base of ops, potential reasons for an empire dec etc (ie did chumly set them red etc lol) over and beyond the fact that empire wars can be fun?

Offline peo

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2010, 07:36:55 AM »
Someone said something about them being some sort of "pirate training corp". Dunno tbh. Probably just people wanting some easy kills.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2010, 07:43:01 AM »
Someone said something about them being some sort of "pirate training corp". Dunno tbh. Probably just people wanting some easy kills.

I got that impression too from their EVEO recruitment thread, but tbh most pirate training corps fizzle out with the exception of Singgwaffe (iirc) and veto's academy. 

Theyll move on eventually guys, especially if they havent followed you chaps into GW, although the chance to gank missioners...

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 09:31:43 AM »
jesus.

http://beyond-control.net/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=5&view=recent_activity

Could be missing stuff from over the weekend that evens this out, but did any of the people who lost ships have a clue at all. Did they even know we are at war? Did they know about watching local and NOT going about your usual routine when in this sort of setting?

I hate to say this, but why didnt everyone likely to be affected by this just fuck off to GW and use the blues to blob the enemy to death if they followed, rather than give them stupidly easy kills? I know empire is still a good place to make isk, but to give away such stupid shit to a declared emeny is so far beyond stupid...

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 12:05:40 PM »
because noone in the alliance is taking point I guess. ppl are wondering who the leader is anyway on alliance forum.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 12:11:29 PM »
because noone in the alliance is taking point I guess. ppl are wondering who the leader is anyway on alliance forum.

If I could get on there I'd slap some heads together and get things done - hell we here know how, we did it sort of succesfully when we got decced at corp level :) I just cannot believe that with all the varying levels of pvp in the alliance, no one is stepping up to try and get this handled.

I know im unable to login and do much more than station whore, but headsmacking at a forum level would get the ball rolling one would hope.

I might login before I go for dinner and see if theres alliance mails on the subject - and send a few...

* Mangala opens his eve client

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 12:30:34 PM »
Seems theres some mails - the ones on procedures from Mkah is great.  But still not an ingame of people stepping up to a plate, its still more of a how to avoid than a how to rape feel to things.

Oh well, they may go away out of boredom - especially if people get out of MH which has been action central lately.

Offline Mangala

• Administrator
  • WTF did I do??
    • View Profile
    • My EVE Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 12:33:03 PM »
Gutted im away for this really.  But oh wells, decent laos curries are calling me.

Offline Warcold

• MAADI
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 02:40:56 PM »
heheh, enjoy those curries matey. and frankly I wouldnt worry too much, you are on holliday remember? enjoy!

on the other hand though...
is your alliance forum access fixed yet, cause:
Quote from: Racnim Sinedia
On another note: a High Command is created and currently only accessible by me and CEO's. A CEO can decide to take a step back and appoint a (temporary) representative, but by default CEO's are in.
'Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime, and every kindness, we birth our future.'

'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection.
The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature.'

http://warthunder.com/en/registration?r=userinvite_3240166