Offline lonadan

• Friends
  • Lurkers
  • BABYLON 5
    • View Profile
beta
« on: May 05, 2011, 10:00:10 AM »
anyone got a email to the beta for swtofor
Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts.

Offline Kurtt

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: beta
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 01:29:54 PM »
I wish...

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 05:49:38 PM »
nope

they did send some emails out recently that made people think beta was starting in europe but turned out to be just letting people know to register for the chance at beta in the future.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 08:04:57 AM »
A friend of mine from USA claimed in IRC last night he is in beta. He said he was mighty disappointed, using the words "SWTOR is a poor single-player game,  but with a monthly fee". He claims there is no reason what so ever to group together with other players, and if more than one are on the quest in the group, only the group leader gets to interact during the negotiations (so even if you would want to make different choices during discussions, you just have to accept what ever the group leader chooses). Basically, according to him, it means there are zero groups going on in beta, everybody runs around solo.

I don't know how accurate that description is, but I don't think I'll pre-order this game before I've seen a few proper reviews from people who actually have played the full game a bit.

Offline Jarkko

• MAADI
  • The Pantheon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 08:06:58 AM »

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
A friend of mine from USA claimed in IRC last night he is in beta. He said he was mighty disappointed, using the words "SWTOR is a poor single-player game,  but with a monthly fee". He claims there is no reason what so ever to group together with other players, and if more than one are on the quest in the group, only the group leader gets to interact during the negotiations (so even if you would want to make different choices during discussions, you just have to accept what ever the group leader chooses). Basically, according to him, it means there are zero groups going on in beta, everybody runs around solo.

I don't know how accurate that description is, but I don't think I'll pre-order this game before I've seen a few proper reviews from people who actually have played the full game a bit.

sort of what i was thinking early on it screamed single player game.
think im going to hold off too

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 09:40:58 AM »
on the swtor forums they are saying the ceo of EA let slip something about release 6 weeks from now and with them doing a high scale beta at the end of june(sounds like stress test stuff) then this could be right.

Offline Keggi

• HoJ Members
  • The Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 05:43:03 AM »
seems beta invites started going out last night for EU beta.

hope your lucky :)

i wasnt :(

haha seems they send you a survey to fill in which you can fail and you go no further talk about asking you to jump through hoops.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 06:47:34 AM by Keggi »